Instant Pot Smoked Paprika & Garlic Chicken Legs
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This fast and fabulous Instant Pot Smoked Paprika & Garlic Chicken Legs recipe will liven up your dinner menu and take no time to do it. From a fun new Instant Pot cookbook full of great, easy paleo recipes!
I reviewed Michelles first cookbook earlier this year and shared a delicious Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken recipe.
Todays Instant Pot Smoked Paprika & Garlic Chicken Leg recipe from the new cookbook is another easy peasy, fast-and-fabulous recipe.
This cookbook would make a great Christmas gift for someone with an Instant Pot or one getting one for Christmas!
How Do You Make Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- In a small bowl combine the paprika, cumin, and garlic salt.
- Next, sprinkle the seasoning over the drum sticks. You want to rub it all over each piece of chicken.
- Add the water to the instant pot. You dont want the drumsticks touching the bottom so use the rack that came with the instant pot.
- Place the lid on top and set the valve to pressure to begin cooking the chicken.
- Set the pressure to 15 minutes to cook the chicken drumsticks. Do a quick release to natural pressure release. In just minutes, you will have the best chicken!
- Once they are finished cooking, place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Brush with BBQ sauce and broil in the oven for that nice crispy outside. It will take about 1-5 minutes. Cooking time will vary.
- Remove from oven, flip the drumsticks. Brush with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Broil another 1-5 minutes until brown.
- These drumsticks are perfect when served warm.
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
When creating this recipe I tried so many different methods for getting the perfect juicy chicken meat, the perfect brown skin with just the right amount of caramelization, and the perfect velvety gravy with tons of flavour. Heres the BEST method for getting the perfect Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks every single time:
You May Like: Frozen Pot Roast In Pressure Cooker
How To Store Leftovers:
- To refrigerate: Ensure the dish is completely cooled prior to storing. Then, transfer the Mongolian drumsticks to an airtight container, and store them for up to 4 days in the fridge. Best to reheat prior to serving.
- To freeze: Once the chicken has cooled, transfer it to a freezer-safe dish or freezer bag, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw: Plan in advance when ready to serve and thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Reheat: You can reheat it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Or as an alternative you can microwave it.
Smoked Paprika Vs Regular Paprika
This recipe uses Smoked Paprika which taste very different than regular paprika. It has a deep earthy flavor.
For spicy food lovers you can swap it with HOT Smoked Paprika with will add some heat to the flavor.
Whichever version you use be sure to read the label to ensure you are getting the type you want!
Recommended Reading: What To Do When Instant Pot Says Food Burn
Why You Will Love This Instant Pot Bbq Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- Quick: Ready to serve in 20 minutes, these BBQ chicken drumsticks are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
- One pot: Everything in this recipe is all prepared in your pressure cooker, so clean up is a breeze!
- Kid-friendly: This is a great dish that the whole family can enjoy, even your picky eaters will love these!
Drumsticks In Instant Pot
If youve never made any type of pressure cooker chicken drumsticks they are so easy and a healthy meal too! We have directions for frozen chicken legs Instant Pot but if theyre defrosted use this one.
If you like a little crisp on the outside you just pop them under your broiler or air fryer for a few minutes. They are perfection I tell you!
Lets start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
- This is all you need!
You can even skip the onion if youd rather but even if you dont eat them they add a wonderful flavor.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Sirloin Tip Roast In Instant Pot
What Makes These Instant Pot Chicken Legs So Good
- Theyre covered in simple, yet extremely flavorful spices. A blend of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and a pinch of black pepper give these chicken legs irresistible flavor.
- The Instant Pot does all the works! No need to worry about under or over cooking chicken. Simply place in the pot, set for 10 minutes, then return to perfectly cooked Instant Pot chicken legs every time.
- Its the perfect recipe to throw together for a crowd! My six quart Instant Pot fits 12-15 chicken legs. This is the ideal recipe to cook a large batch of chicken for a large group of people. And because this recipe is so quick and easy, I can have a warm meal on the table in virtually no time.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Drumsticks In The Instant Pot
Chicken drumsticks cook in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes on high pressure with a quick release for fresh and 12 minutes with a quick release for frozen chicken.
I made some yesterday that I had thawed out for about a day and were still semi-frozen. I did them for 11 minutes and they turned out perfectly. A quick release doesnt dry these out, in my experience.
Want More Ideas For Chicken Dinners
Use Chicken Recipes to see all the recipes using chicken. You can also check out The Top 20 Instant Pot Chicken Dinners or Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Recipes for more tasty options for chicken.
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo from Manila Spoon is a classic Adobo thats marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorns and garlic then cooked in the instant pot.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken from Diethood is going to be a hit with everyone who loves spicy Buffalo Chicken.
Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken from Cookin Canuck is perfect for a delicious slow cooker version of this classic Filipino dish.
Instant Pot Honey Teriyaki Drumsticks from Skinnytaste definitely sound like a recipe the family will devour!
Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken Drumsticks from Flavor the Moments use Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for so much flavor!
How Do You Make Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken Drumsticks
Also Check: How To Reheat Tamales In Instant Pot
How To Cook Chicken Drumsticks In An Instant Pot
Here is the recipe for cooking chicken drumsticks in an Instant Pot and all you need is 15-30 minutes to cook and another 5 minutes for dressing and preparing it. This American dish is ideal to be have had in lunch and dinner with your family or colleagues. Follow the instructions given below to prepare lip-smacking chicken drumsticks for yourself and your dear ones.
How To Cook Chicken Drumsticks In Instant Pot
1) Prep, clean and pat chicken dry with kitchen towel.
2) Make the dry spice rub by mixing paprika, onion powder, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper and salt together. Add spice rub to the chicken and mix well.
Leave chicken to marinate for 30 minutes – 12 hours
3) Set instant pot to sautee then add vegetable oil in the inner pot of the instant pot.
4) When oil is heated, add marinated chicken drumsticks in single layer and brown the sides. This takes about 2-3 minutes on each side.
5) When the sides are browned, take the drumsticks out of the Instant pot and put them in a plate. Switch off IP saute mode.
6) Add water or chicken broth to the inner pot and place trivet in the pot. Arrange chicken drumsticks on trivet then close the Instant pot with it’s lid.
7) Set to manual pressure cook 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, do 5 minutes natural pressure release.
8) Once the instant pot is depressurised, open the lid and take out chicken drumsticks.
For crispy skin, broil in the oven on each side for 5 minutes each
9) Serve and enjoy.
INSTANT POT BUFFALO CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
Add some buffalo sauce to chicken after step 8 then broil. Add some more buffalo sauce after broiling, mix with the chicken and serve. Buffalo sauce recipe in my instant pot chicken wings recipe.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Smell Out Of Instant Pot Ring
Can You Stack Chicken Legs In Instant Pot
You can definitely stack the chicken legs on top of each other in the Instant Pot! You will want to make sure that you make sure that the chicken legs are evenly seasoned before stacking them. This will make sure that the taste is even with every chicken leg you have and that the bottom layer isnt oversaturated.
Can You Cook Chicken Drumsticks From Frozen
Absolutely. But do note, that you want to cook your frozen chicken drumsticks on a medium temperature, or pressure cook them.
Otherwise you can end up with dry overcooked chicken drumsticks.
Plus, never cook frozen chicken drumsticks in the slow cooker as it doesnt get hot enough to fight off the bacteria.
You May Like: How To Cook Chicken Tenders In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken Legs
- Method 1 using enchilada sauce
- Recipe 2 using barbecue sauce
- 3rd recipe is chicken adobo Instant Pot style
Both of them have the ability to be as mild or as spicy as you want.
I will show you how to crisp up the chicken skin once your Instant Pot chicken legs are cooked.
When you have a family it is sometimes hard to make a healthy meal that everyone loves, but drumsticks are a favorite among most kids and many times they are really inexpensive at the store.
I say if I can feed my family of five for under $15 it is a win, and this pressure cooker chicken dinner is one of those..I share my others in this post with lots of cheap Instant Pot recipes.
How To Make The Perfect Instant Pot Gravy
Making homemade gravy from chicken drippings in the Instant Pot is SO easy!
Don’t Miss: How To Steam Kale In Instant Pot
How To Cook Chicken Drumsticks In The Electric Pressure Cooker
One of the things I have less and less time for right now is cooking. With a growing family, writing this in my second trimester of pregnancy, I am way too exhausted to think about pulling together dinner at the end of a long day.
But though my husband helps a ton , sometimes I still feel the urge to get into the kitchen to cook a nice meal for us.
He deserves something delicious, and even though I might not be making the same fancy meals I was a few months ago, I think its the least I can do in exchange for all the foot rubs.
Thats when I turn to my Instant Pot for a helping hand.
I mean, Ive gone through all the different ways to cook pretty much anything in the pressure cooker at this point. Yet, I am still amazed every single time at just how consistent and quick it is.
Today, we are talking about how to cook chicken drumsticks in the electric pressure cooker. We all know this appliance is downright magical, and this how-to guide offers yet another reason why.
Talk about a super simple way to get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes! The meat comes out juicy and tender, with just the right amount of flavor from a simple homemade seasoning blend.
I love that I can get the poultry cooked in just one pot, making it simple to clean up afterwards as well. Then I can focus on some simple side dishes at the same time.
Heres what well cover in this guide:
Pressure Cook And Serve
- Layer Chicken: Now, layer the seared chicken drumsticks on top of the potatoes. DO NOT mix or stir.
- Pressure cook: Secure the lid of the instant pot and PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for just 4 mins followed by quick release.
- Serve: Serve the pressure cooked chicken drumsticks and potatoes in a plate and pour the sauce over the chicken and the potatoes. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and enjoy!
Also Check: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Can You Cook Frozen Chicken Drumsticks In Instant Pot
Yes you can. Though do note that frozen chicken drumsticks dont come out as firm compared to air fryer chicken drumsticks.
Instead instant pot chicken drumsticks are more like slow cooker ones that fall off the bone.
Then you will need an air fryer lid to crisp up your chicken drumsticks. This will ensure that they are perfectly crispy.
I have eaten many rounds of frozen chicken drumsticks in both the air fryer and the instant pot and the instant pot ones are better. This is because of how tender the meat becomes.