Instant Pot Bbq Pork Ribs
I usually hold off on making ribs at home, they just take too long after a full day of work. But not anymore! Your trusty Instant Pot will develop so much flavor and cut your cooking time in half. I slathered these meaty treats in a homemade whiskey BBQ sauce that had just the right amount of kick after rubbing them all over with a gorgeous rub. Enough chatting, lets get BBQing!
How To Use Homemade Barbecue Sauce
The beauty of this easy sauce is that it can be used in any recipe that calls for premade barbecue sauce, or you can use it to spice up your favorite protein or even salad.
- Ribs. You can use this homemade BBQ sauce for pulled pork and for ribs .
- Salad. I love using this sauce to make my favorite BBQ Chicken Salad.
- Chicken. This is a delicious BBQ sauce recipe for chicken recipes like these Maple Bourbon Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Or this Crock Pot BBQ Chicken. It would also be yummy brushed over grilled chicken breasts.
- Meatballs. Brush it over these Baked Turkey Meatballs for a different flavor spin.
Korean Style Beef Short Ribs Instant Pot
How to prepare yummy korean style beef short ribs instant pot, Once instant pot has preheated, add canola oil and sear short ribs on at least two sides. Transfer short ribs to a clean plate. While the water is boiling, soak the ribs in cold water.
Easy Asian Style Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs Recipe via from i.pinimg.com
The Best Instant Pot Ribs Recipe
For me, the best Instant Pot Ribs Recipe is the easiest one. Some days I am super lazy
If desired, turn your oven to broil. Place the beef ribs on a cookie sheet. Top with your favorite BBQ sauce.
My favorite store bought low carb BBQ sauce is Alterna Sweets. I met the owners Misti and Jared out at KetoCon a few years ago. They are the sweetest and I love what they stand for as a company!
They even have a 100% satisfaction guarantee! They also have given me a discount code to share with my readers! Use “LARA5” at checkout to get 5% off your order!
If you have an additional 10 minutes, make my homemade keto BBQ sauce recipe. It’s done in no time at all and tastes great!
After you top with low carb barbecue sauce, broil for 5 minutes. BAM! The best fall off the bone ribs you’ve ever have.
Do Ribs Go Bone Side Up Or Down
Lay the ribs meat side down on the sweet concoction with the meat side downbones up. Return the ribs to the smoker and continue to cook for another 2 hours or so. When the meat has pulled back and exposed the bone about 1/4 inch the ribs are done. Remove the ribs from the foil and sauce or glaze them at this point.
Read Also: What Does C7 Mean On Instant Pot
How Long Do You Pressure Cook Ribs
With these beef ribs. I like to cook them for 22-25 minutes in the Instant Pot. You can do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes or you can let it fully depressurize by itself. I haven’t seen much of a difference in the texture/tenderness of the beef ribs.
Now pork ribs take less time to cook in the instant pot than beef ribs do. Pork ribs tend to only take around 18 minutes to cook in a pressure cooker. I once tried to cook them for the 22 minutes like the beef ribs and it was a disaster.
It basically turned into pulled pork because they were so tender they were falling apart when I tried to recipe the pork ribs from the instant pot.
Pat The Ribs Dry With A Paper Towel And Place Them On A Work Surface
· rub the ribs with seasoning salt and bbq dry rub. · close and lock the lid . We finish these fall off the bone ribs with bbq sauce or oil,. Generously season the ribs with salt and pepper. These instant pot bbq ribs are the perfect recipe for breaking in your. Rub the dry rub into you pork ribs and place them in your instant pot, standing up and wrapping around the inside of the pot to . Simply put the ribs in the instant pot with white grape juice and a little apple cider vinegar to braise, then pressure cook them for a half an hour. Skin on the back of the baby back or spare ribs before cooking. · combine apple juice, vinegar, 1/3 cup bbq sauce and . Pour the apple cider vinegar and 1 ½ cups of water in the base of the instant pot. Put the lid on the instant pot and set pressure cook on high for 20 minutes then . Pat the ribs dry with a paper towel and place them on a work surface. Making a batch of barbecued ribs in the instant pot is much faster than doing it on the grill, and you can make them any time of the year. Baby back ribs are cooked in the instant pot to achieve the most tender . · place the onion, celery, and water in the pressure cooking pot.
Also Check: Frozen Beef In Instant Pot
How To Make The Best Instant Pot Short Ribs
Disclaimer: The Flavor Bender is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. There are links on this site that can be defined as affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases that will help support this website.
Making Instant Pot Short Ribs couldnt be easier! Try this recipe for tender, succulent, fall off the bone braised short ribs, made even more delicious with a secret ingredient!
Preparing Instant Pot Ribs
To make the best ribs you need to do one simple thing to prep them. That is to remove the membrane on the underside.
It’s a fatty looking membrane that is tissue thin. If you leave it on you’ll be able to tell a big difference than if you were to remove it.
To remove the membrane take a knife and make a slit somewhere near an end ribs, now pull up on that thin layer and pull it off. If you can’t get a grip on it, using a paper towel helps for traction.
Toss in the garbage and you’re good to go! Time to apply the dry rub.
Also Check: What Is C7 On Instant Pot
How Long To Cook Pork Ribs In A Instant Pot
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFO.
You’re gonna love these easy peazy, mouth-watering Instant Pot Ribs! They’re made in minutes not hours with your beloved pressure cooker!
These instant pot ribs are so tender, they literally fall off the bone!
I love to season mine with a dry rub and then lather them with a low carb BBQ sauce and then pop them under the broiler and watch them caramelize.
Since these beef ribs are cooked in the Instant Pot, not only are they cooked in a fraction of the time, but they become the most tender beef ribs imaginable.
You’re family with literally think you were slaving over these for hours.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can also use any other brand of pressure cooker to make these ribs. Instant Pot is just a brand name pressure cooker that has a lot of bells and whistles .
How Do You Transport The Ribs To The Tailgate
If youre driving longer distances, cool the ribs, pop them in a Ziploc, and put them in a cooler until youre ready to warm them up on the grill.
If youre running late and only going a short distance, you can take them in the Instant Pot itself! I just release the pressure completely, leave them in the pot, and hit the road.
You May Like: Can Crock Pot Liners Be Used In An Instant Pot
Pressure Cook The Ribs
You always need at least 1 cup of liquid in your Instant Pot for pressure cooking. Before putting the ribs in your Instant Pot, pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the pot. I prefer to use water rather than apple juice in this recipe because I like to let the flavor of the ribs and dry rub shine through without adding apple flavor into the mix.
Next put the metal trivet that came with your Instant Pot in the bottom of the pot. Youre going to cook the ribs on the trivet to keep them from sitting in the water.
Stand the ribs up on the trivet so that the rib bones are going up and down. You can lean the ribs against the side of the Instant Pot and against each other. You can fit at least two racks of baby back ribs in a 6 quart Instant Pot, and likely three racks if you are feeding a crowd.
Youll pressure cook baby back ribs for 25 minutes at high pressure, followed by a 15 minute natural release. If youre cooking spareribs, they will need to pressure cook for 35 minutes plus a full natural release.
How Do I Fit The Pressure Cooker Bbq Baby Back Ribs In The Cooking Pot
Before cooking, I like to cut the ribs into two or three rib sections to make them easier to fit in the pressure cooking pot. I prefer this method to ensure that there is enough space around the ribs that theyll cook evenly.
However, some of my Facebook friends have had great success rolling their ribs in a coil and standing them on their side .
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Medium Rare Steak In Instant Pot
How To Choose The Best Ribs
There are several different styles of ribs out there, so choosing the rack of ribs youre going to cook is a crucial part of the process. Baby back ribs are an excellent choice if youre looking for smaller, more tender ribs that you could cut with a butter knife.
If you want meatier and fatter ribs, however, go for the larger spare ribs.
Either way, the flavor will come through beautifully, but why not cater to your own tastes as much as possible?
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Cooking Times & Instructions:
- Add 1.5 cups of liquid to the inner pot. You can use water, broth, or flavourful options like salsa/BBQ sauce for this step.
- From fresh: Cook on HIGH pressure for 6-8 minutes and follow up with a quick release. Turkey breast may need to cook for 8-9 minutes.
- From frozen: Place the chicken directly into the pot and set the pot to cook on HIGH pressure for 12 minutes.
- You can serve whole or shred with a fork or hand mixer for shredded chicken dishes.
Don’t Miss: Ninja Foodi Steam Tamales
Pressure Cook Baby Back Ribs
Optional: Add 2 3 drops of liquid smoke in the Instant Pot.
Add 1 cup of cold water and a trivet in Instant Pot.
Then, place the baby back ribs on top of the trivet .
With Venting Knob in Venting Position, close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position.
- Pressure Cooking Method: Pressure cook at High Pressure for 16 minutes to 25 minutes, then Full Natural Release
*Cooking Time Pro Tip: Be sure to adjust the cooking timing according to your preference: 16 minutes to 25 minutes .
Once the Floating Valve drops, turn the Venting Knob to Venting position.
Open the lid carefully.
How To Make Instant Pot Pork Ribs
- Remove membrane: The pork ribs you purchase may or may not have a membrane the shiny connective tissue at the back of the ribs that hold them together. You want to slide a butter knife or handle of a spoon under to loosen it up a bit and then pull. If slippery, hold on with a paper towel, remove and discard both. Removing the membrane helps dry spices penetrate the meat better resulting in more flavorful ribs. Yum!
- Season ribs with dry rub: A blend of chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper. I recommend sprinkling it instead of rubbing because a lot ends up sticking to your fingers and not meat.
- Prep Instant Pot: Add trivet and 1 cup cold water. Trivet helps to lift ribs out of the water. And it doesnt matter if the trivet has handles or not.
- Cook for 25 minutes on High pressure: Curl up the rack of ribs into a coil, set release valve to Sealing, and press Pressure Cook on High pressure or Manual button.
Recommended Reading: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
I Have A Dry Rub That I Really Love Can I Use It In This Recipe
Absolutely! In my cookbook, I have a chili and garlic powder dry rub recipe that I use often!
When adapting the recipe to your flavors, be careful not to change the liquid ratio in this recipe.
Also, make sure to adjust the seasonings to match the number of baby back rib slabs called for in this recipe.
How To Make Instant Pot Bbq Pork Ribs
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Prepare the dry rub: Combine dry rub ingredients in a small bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Remove the membrane: Information on exactly how to remove pork rib membrane can be found little further down the page.
- Cook your ribs: Rub the dry rub into you pork ribs and place them in your instant pot, standing up and wrapping around the inside of the pot to be sure they all fit. Pour the apple juice, apple cider vinegar and liquid smoke inside the Instant pot, no need to stir. Set the Instant Pot to the Meat/Stew setting and set the timer to 20 minutes.
- Mix up the whiskey BBQ sauce: While the ribs are cooking prepare the BBQ sauce. In a small saucepan add all the BBQ sauce ingredients and stir to combine. Simmer on low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes, the sauce should reduce a bit.
- Finish the BBQ Pork Ribs: Carefully remove the ribs from the Instant Pot and place them onto a baking sheet. Brush them generously with the prepared BBQ sauce on both sides and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes. Keep the door to your oven open while broiling the ribs and keep an eye on them, because they could burn quickly. Serve with additional BBQ sauce and enjoy!
Recommended Reading: Frozen Venison Roast In Instant Pot
What To Serve With Instant Pot Ribs
A few of my favorite things to serve with ribs are baked macaroni and cheese and corn bread!
If you want to keep it a lighter an easy garden salad or a very summery avocado corn salad would be yummy.
Prepare & Season Baby Back Ribs
First, remove the membrane from the back of the ribs with a paper towel.
How to Remove the Membrane from Baby Back Ribs:
- Locate the membrane on either end of the rack .
- Slide a butter knife in between the membrane and bones .
- Pull the membrane and tear it off with a paper towel .
Then, season the Baby Back Ribs with a generous amount of kosher salt and ground black pepper.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Gasket Odor
Making Ribs In Advance
Keep warm for parties: Just remove a bit of liquid from the pot so it sits below the trivet, stack cut up ribs, close the lid and press Keep Warm button. Ribs will stay warm for up to 10 hours. Perfect for potlucks and outdoor summer parties. Plus your kitchen stays cool!
To store: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Use leftovers as is, or replace the chicken with your leftover pork in my healthy chicken tacos for a fun twist on taco night.
To reheat: If it is a small amount you can just pop them in the microwave. If its a full rack, place in Instant Pot on a trivet along with 1/2 cup water. Press Saute, close the lid, and let it simmer for 3 minutes. Then press Cancel and let ribs warm through with steam for 5 minutes. This way sauce and ribs will not dry out and you will avoid using more sauce. But who can resist adding more BBQ sauce anyway?! Enjoy!
Instant Pot Ground Beef
Ground beef makes a fantastic ingredient for many Instant Pot dishes like chili or bolognese. Its also a great meal prep staple on its own. Season it how you like for Italian dishes, taco meat, or plain mixing and matching with a dash of salt and pepper.
Either way, its so easy to cook up a pound or two with the Instant Pot. Hands-off is what we love, after all. Its not really a useful method if youre just cooking ground beef by itself . It is, however, handy to know if you are beginning a meal with ground beef in your Instant Pot. Oh, and meatballs. Meatballs are a must!
Side note: You can follow these instructions for ALL ground meat and mince .
You May Like: How To Cook Round Steak In Instant Pot