Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore Dump Dinner
Who doesnt love a big bowl of pasta with red sauce? Its even better as a full meal with tender chicken and briny olives. Simply dump all the ingredients into the Instant Pot® and this Italian classic will be on the table in little over a half hour!
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore Dump Dinner
What Youll Need To Make A Hot Pot
Cooking at the table is the essence of the hot pot. To do so, you can either go classic-style with a divided pot for serving more than one broth, or if you go simple style with just a single broth, you can hack the hot pot and use a deep sided electric fry pan or your Instant Pot instead.
Because I make this frequently, I invested in a stainless steel divided electric hot pot. You can also find hot pots with grills at their base to grill your meats and seafood before combining with your broth in the pot that sits on top. Hot pots are also available as the pot only that can be warmed at the table on a butane heater or an electric burner.
Other things youll need for your hot pot cooking:
- Small serving bowls for your diners to load as the food cooks. Keeping the bowls small keeps the soup hot and encourages your fellow hot potters to continue cooking.
- Chopsticks and soup spoons for slurping and diving for whats cooking. Be sure to use chopsticks designated for eating and those for cooking. Plunging your eating chop sticks into the communal broth is a big no-no.
- Small strainers for fishing for your ingredients or keeping them contained as they cook.
- Ladles for serving the individual broth.
No : Thai Curry Hot Pot Broth
The second broth recipe for our hot pot adventure comes from my friend Alis recipe for her Easy Thai Curry Hot Pot, a coconut-based broth similar to the one in my 5 Ingredient Thai Pumpkin Soup recipe, minus the pumpkin.
I only made a couple of changes to Alis recipe, using chicken stock in lieu of vegetable stock, and adding 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of fish sauce similar to the flavors in my Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup.
You May Like: How To Cook Beets In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Pasta Arrabiata
The best thing about Pasta Arrabiata is that its easy to pack up in a sealed Tupperware container and bring along. Not only that but it can be eaten cold in a pinch and still be just as tasty for lunch or dinner.
- 2 tsp chili pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Use the Saute function, add the oil and the onions and cook for around 2 minutes until golden.
Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, chili pepper, salt, pepper, and stir together.
Add ½ cup water before sealing the Instant Pot lid and cooking at high pressure for 2 minutes. Use a quick pressure release method, and add the cooked pasta.
Haokeyou Self Heating Instant Hot Pot Spicy Flavor 917oz
- HAOKEYOU Self Heating Instant Hot Pot Spicy Flavor 9.17oz
- Easy preparation for serving
- Let the pot do all the work.
- Wide and Thin Chinese Noodle
- Product of China
- Do not use microwave or oven directly
- Do not block the vent hole
- Do not operate on fragile platform such as glass
- Do not let children to operate alone
- Do not physically touch the heating bag
- Heating bag is not edible
- Do not use if the heating bag is damaged
- Be careful of steam scalds and high temperature scalds
- When heating, please do not touch the heating part
- Do not use when the product is defected
- All ingredients need to be unpacked and put into the White bowl
- Fill the bowl with cold water up to the marked line
- Cold or Warm water either applicable
- Unwrap the Heating pack and place it inside the Red bowl and add some cold water to the bowl up to the marked line.
- Place the white bowl inside the Red bowl and put the cover on it
- Let the bowl work its magic from some 15 minutes. The steam will come from the cover.
- After this time, you can take off the cover and properly mix the ingredients.
- Barcode: 6957796904798
Don’t Miss: How To Roast Chicken In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta
Inspired by the baked feta pasta that took the internet by storm, this recipe is similarly easy but uses creamy goat cheese and comes together in a fraction of the time, thanks to the Instant Pot®! We opted for a short, tubular pasta for this dish to capture a bit of the creamy sauce inside each piece. Top with a sprinkle of fresh basil and you have a bright and flavorful dish youll want to make year-round.
Instant La: The Best Of Chinas Self
Now that you’ve acquired a taste for all things fiery thanks to the Beijinger’s recent inaugural Hot & Spicy Fest, be sure to check out our ongoing chili related restaurant coverage and the latest issue of our Hot & Spicy themed magazine so that you can maintain the tantilizing burn. Speaking of our magazine, here is a feature from that spicy issue about ready made hot pot.
You may not have heard, but there has been a momentous development in the world of instant food. Instant noodles have now encountered a seriously bulky competitor in the battle for Chinas go-to mobile meals in the form of the self-heating hot pot, literally translated from Chinese as convenient hot pot .
And really, its hard to imagine something more convenient than this. As the name suggests, these boxes of on-the-spot culinary perfection cook themselves without the crutch of an outside heating source. Instead, each package includes a flameless heat pack that you simply submerge in water à la an army MRE except here the battlegrounds are Chinas train stations and internet cafés. Then there are the ingredients: a variation on the theme of meat, vegetables, tofu, and noodles that you would expect at any other hot pot occasion. With cooking times ranging from 5-15 minutes, these might not be quite as instant as their noodle relative, but waiting 15 minutes for hot pot without a flame in sight? This may be the height of science as we know it, folks.
Recommended Reading: How Long Instant Pot Chicken Breast
No: Asian Red Curry Hot Pot Broth
I recommend choosing two broths, but make sure theyre very differentthink one mild and one spicy, or a broth that goes with beef and a broth that works with veggies or seafood. I went with two different broths for our hot pot. The first is a simple beef broth flavored with sliced sweet onion, Thai Kitchen red curry paste, and McCormicks ground ginger and garlic powder straight from my spice drawer. I pulled the recipe straight from the McCormick recipe website after reading about it in the McCormick Flavor Forecast report.
Add more or less red curry paste to the red curry hot pot broth recipe listed below depending on your desire for spiciness, and add a squeeze more lime to balance the heat and flavors.
What Is Hot Pot
If youâre new to hot pot, itâs a really low stress way to have a fun and festive meal with people you love. On this particular weekend, weâre celebrating my birthday, but hot pot needs no excuses to be enjoyed on any day of the year.
At its core, hot pot is a social experience where you cook raw foods in a communal pot of flavored broth or soup. It has many variations across almost every Asian country, and a handful of European ones as well.
In China, the tradition of hot pot dates back thousands of years, and even just within Chinese cuisine, there are a ton of regional varieties on hot pot, ranging from the world famous spicy Sichuan style to the more grounding Guangdong flavors that my dad prefers.
Almost all Chinese hot pot meals entail preparing a variety of meats, vegetables, and starches.
Check out a quickstory summaryof our recipe!
Also Check: How Does The Instant Pot Work
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
No need to heat up a big pot of water and your kitchen in the process just to enjoy some fresh summer corn. Cooking corn in a pressure cooker with minimal water allows the flavor to shine through, and it couldn’t be easier. Serve simply with butter, salt and pepper.
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Instant Pot Chili Con Carne
Bring this along on your camping trip and you can easily top off some hot dogs or cook up some rice to add in. Plus, as easy Instant Pot recipes go, this one should take you no time at all!
- 1 pinch crushed chili flakes or more to taste
- 4 cups beef stock
Hit the Saute function and add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Throw in your ground beef and cook until brown. Season with salt and pepper. Move the beef into a separate bowl.
Next, add oil, onion, carrots, celery, red pepper and garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Then add your chili powder, cumin, and crushed chili flakes before sauteing for another 2 minutes.
Add the beef stock and the ground beef that you sauteed earlier. Include the tomatoes and beans, too.
Seal your Instant Pot lid and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. Use a quick pressure release method when cooking is complete. Then, stir in your lemon juice and tomato puree.
Mini Eggplant & Olive Spread
An Arab dish traditionally made with eggplant that can be used as a sauce, spread or dip. The traditional version requires eggplants that have been grilled or scorched. This recipe gets close to that flavor with the pressure cooker! What you lose in scorch you gain in the amazing eggplant flavor that the pressure cooker naturally preserves and enhances. Recipe from Hip Pressure Cooking.
A Recipe By Daddy Lau
My dad’s been cooking Chinese food for over 50 years – as a kid fending for himself in Guangzhou, as the head chef of his own restaurant, and as a loving father in our home.
Hopefully, by learning this recipe, you’ll get to experience some of the delicious joy we felt growing up eating his food!
This blog post is meant to be an incredibly thorough guide to hot pot at home.
My parents’ default setting is to save as much money as possible, so we’re going to show you how to DIY everything – the sliced meats, preparing seafood, fish balls, soup base, etc.
We’ll be covering:
- What to buy for hot pot – How my parents shop for the freshest meats and produce at the grocery store
- How to prepare meatsfor hot pot – How to use a Chinese chef knife and prepare meat for hot pot
- How to create your own homemade fish balls, soup base, and dipping sauce
- What equipment you’ll need to host a hot pot meal
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Millet In Instant Pot
Customer Ratings By Feature
Consider this Amazon’s Choice product that delivers quickly
- This item: Moxiaoxian Self Heating Hot Pot Chinese Meal Instant Noodle Rice Food Storage Snacks $17.95Ships from and sold by Food Experts Ltd.Get it
- Sold by HYUNGIO and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.Get it as soon as Thursday, Jul 28
- Sold by Amazing Factory Co., Ltd. and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.Get it as soon as Thursday, Jul 28
What Equipment Do You Need For Hot Pot
You may or may not need to buy chopsticks, strainer ladles, a portable heating surface, and a pot.
There are some portable hot plates that are designed specifically for hot pot that come with both the heating element and a pot in one. Some pots also come with a partition, which is helpful if you wanted to offer two flavors of soup base at once.
If you wanted to save money and space, a fun little life hack is to use your rice cooker or Instant Pot for hot pot instead. Theyâre both portable and they can boil and simmer water, which is all you really need.
Using a Rice Cooker for Hot Pot
For a rice cooker, you can leave the lid open, and start out on the âcookâ mode to bring it to a boil, and then you can adjust between the âwarmâ and âcookâ modes throughout the meal as needed.
Using an Instant Pot for Hot Pot
For an Instant Pot, you can set it to âSauteâ mode and press âAdjustâ to bump up the heat until it comes to a boil, and then bring the heat down to get it to simmer.
A few notes for both methods:
- To save time, you can boil the water on your stove and then transfer it over.
- Since the pot is a lot deeper, you might consider using a deeper strainer ladle to make it easier to cook and find your food.
- This goes for every type of hot plate, but be careful not to add so much soup that it overflows when itâs boiling or when you add a bunch of food to the pot, otherwise might potentially damage the heating coils.
Some options to buy:
You May Like: How To Make Bone Broth For Dogs In Instant Pot
How To Cook Oatmeal In An Instant Pot
Im telling you, this Instant Pot oatmeal is a breeze to make. Simply add all the oatmeal ingredients into the Instant Pot, then press the manual setting and set the cooking time for 3 minutes on high.
Once the cooking time ends, let the oatmeal to sit in the pot to natural release the pressurized steam for 20 minutes.
Flip the release valve to let out any remaining steam, then dish up your homemade oatmeal and enjoy!
The Best Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipe
Ive made oatmeal fast in the microwave, low and slow in the slow cooker, and overnight in the fridge, but this oatmeal recipe made in the Instant Pot electric pressure cooker makes make-ahead oatmeal such a cinch, and so convenient, that its become my new favorite method. And even better, it works with both steel cut oats and rolled oats, for a healthy breakfast that I can make different every day of a week that doesnt require any babysitting or tending as it cooks.
Today Im sharing how to make Instant Pot oatmeal with both steel cut oats and rolled oats, plus 10 flavor combinationsfrom fruit or kale, to chocolate chips and nut buttersto make this oatmeal totally your own.
My family has a long history of eating oatmeal for breakfast. As a kid, I never even knew you could make oatmeal on the stove top, because my mom would always buy the instant quick oats oatmeal packets, placing them easily within our elementary school arms reach so my little sister and I could boil the water for the packet of oats and mystery ingredients to make our own breakfast before school.
My mom was smart that way. We learned how to fend for ourselves and she earned herself a little extra mom time in the morning with her coffee and the Today Show.
As I moved on in life, I sort of fell off the oatmeal-for-breakfast train and favored scrambled eggs, or cottage cheese and toast, or my fave microwave egg whites and spinach toasted bagel as my made-in-the-office breakfast instead.
Freeze And Partially Thaw Meat
Partially frozen is significantly easier to cut into thin slices, since it holds its shape when you cut it.
- Letâs say you have meat thatâs 100% frozen and you wanted to prepare hot pot on a Saturday, On Friday night, youâd move the meat out of the freezer and into the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, the meat should be partially thawed.
- If you were starting with fresh meat, then youâd place it in the freezer for about one to two hours.
- With both of these methods, the amount of time you freeze and thaw depends on your refrigerator and the thickness of your meat, but this is a good starting point.
- The meat should be still hard, but it should have some give. Youâll know if itâs still too frozen if you have a really hard time cutting it, in which case you can let it thaw for another hour or two. If the meat moves around when you try to cut it, then itâs too thawed, in which case you can freeze it again for another 30 minutes.
Instant Self Heating Sichuan Hot Pot By Sichuan King 147 Oz
Instant Sichuan Hot Pot is an instant hot pot ready-made meal with sauce and veggies ready to prepare. This hot pot is self-heating, and comes with a heating pack to create a double boiler kind of mechanism to cook the materials in your hot pot. Sichuan hot pot is a famously spicy stew or broth used to dip meats and veggies to flash cook before eating. The dish Hot Pot is typically a spicy broth that people dip various meats and veggies into, and has been around for more than 1,000 years! Simply combine all the items together in the self heating pot, and pour in water to warm and enjoy.
- Ingredient: Vegetable Packet:Konjac, Sweet Potato Noodles, Lotus Root, Eryngii Mushroom, Bamboo Shoots, Fungus, Potato, Scallion, Garlic, Ginger, Peanut, Water, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium 5-Ribbonucleotides, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Lactic AcidSeasoning Packet:Rapeseed Oil, Broad Bean Paste , Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Chili, Sichuan Pepper, Rock Sugar, Fermented Soya Beans , White Pepper, Yeast Extract, Spices , Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium 5-Ribbonucleotides, Paprika Oleoresin
- Product Weight: 415.0 g
- Product ofChina
Also Check: What Is Manual On Instant Pot