Want Fluffy Rice Rinse Well
I dont always remember or have time to do this step, but it helps when I do: Rinse the rice in a wire mesh colander under cold water for 30 seconds or so, or until the water runs mostly clear.
Rinsing makes the rice fluffy, and seems to make more of a difference with white rice varieties verses brown the latter is protected by its hull and doesnt tend to have a lot of extra starch clinging to the outside of the grains.
How Long Does It Take To Boil An Egg In A Pressure Cooker
While cooking eggs in the Instant Pot isnt quicker than on the stovetop, it is pretty much foolproof. It takes about 5 minutes at high pressure and then it natural releases for 5 minutes and in ice water for 5 minutes. If youd prefer a bit of a softer yolk try 4 minutes at high pressure, theyll be a bit more creamy but still hard cooked.
Cooking hard boiled eggs in a pressure cooker may take close to the same time but when I say they come out perfectly hard boiled I mean absolutely perfect. Tender whites with picture perfect yolks that are completely cooked with a soft texture.
Why Did My Eggs Crack During Cooking
Make sure you place the eggs on the steaming rack without letting them touch the water. If you put the eggs directly into the water or partially in the water, the eggs might jostle during cooking and crack open. Also, stacking too many eggs can also cause cracking. If you want to cook more eggs in one batch and minimize cracking, investing in an egg rack might be a good idea.
To tell you the truth, if you are as big a fan of boiled eggs as I am, I would invest in an Instant Pot, if only just to make perfect eggs so easily! They are that good and that convenient. And of course, there are so many other great, easy, and delicious dishes you can make using an Instant Pot.
Read Also: Venison Roast In Pressure Cooker
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Place chicken breasts in the inner pot of the instant pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in 1 cup pineapple juice or chicken stock and season with minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Place lid on instant pot and be sure vent knob is pointed towards sealed.
- Set pressure cooker to the cooking time based on the size of chicken breasts. NOT how many chicken breasts you are cooking.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release of pressure. This is key to keeping your chicken breasts tender–don’t be tempted to do a quick release of pressure.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the liquid and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving or shredding.
For Perfect Pressure Cooker Soft Medium Hard Boiled Eggs
- Altitude: close to sea level
- Eggs: store-bought extra large eggs, straight from the fridge
- Liquid: 1 cup of cold tap water
- Time: 3 to 14 minutes
- Pressure: Low Pressure at 5.8 ~7.2 psi
- Release Method: immediately Quick Release
- Cold-Water Bath: 30 seconds of cold water bath, rinse under cold running water for 5 seconds, then another 3 minutes of cold water bath
- Cooking Method: on a steamer rack
In order to ensure the accuracy of this experiment, we started fresh with a cool pot for each run. So, after each run, we removed the hot water from the pressure cooker and rinsed the pot and rack with cold running tap water until the pot has cooled down.
Read Also: Red Beets In Instant Pot
How Do You Boil Eggs In Instant Pot
- Altitude: close to sea level
- Eggs: store-boughtLarge eggs, straight from the fridge
- Liquid: 1 cup of cold tap water
- Time: High Pressure for 8 minutes & Low Pressure for 12 minutes
- Pressure: High Pressure & Low Pressure
- Release Method: immediate Quick Release
- Cooking Method: on a steamer rack
*Pro Tip: If you want perfecthard boiledeggs, be mindful that every factor above affect the results of your eggs. If you change even the slightest thing, your results may differ.
Should Eggs Be Room Temperature Or From The Fridge
This recipe will allow you to hard boil both cold eggs straight from the fridge as well as room temperature eggs. The only difference will be how long the Instant Pot takes to come to pressure. The Instant Pot will take slightly longer to come to pressure before the cooking count down begins with cold eggs.
Recommended Reading: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
The Pressure Cooker Eggs Results
Hey what happened to the 3-minute one?! Before we go into that, lets take a closer look at the yolk of these Pressure Cooker Eggs.
5 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg egg white is just set yolk is thick and runny
6 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg egg white is fully set yolk is slightly cooked on the edge, but its still thick and runny
7 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg 8 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg9 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg10 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg12 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg13 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg14 Minutes Pressure Cooker EggOkay! As promised. First take a deep breathhere it is3 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg
How Much Water For Instant Pot Rice
You can cook any kind of rice in your pressure cooker, long or short grain, brown or white. No matter what kind of rice Im cooking, I use the same 1:1 ratio of rice to water or broth.
This is probably less water than youre used to using for cooking stovetop rice, and thats because theres very little evaporation when youre using the pressure cooker. This ratio produces fairly firm, separate grainsyou can add a little more water, maybe about 1/4 cup extra, if you like softer rice.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Tamales In A Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Cook the chicken as the recipe directs.
- Once cook time has elapsed and pressure has been released, remove the chicken breast from the instant pot and place it into a large mixing bowl along with ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Shred the chicken, using two forks, a handheld mixer at medium speed, or a stand mixer at low speed. Alternatively, you can shred the chicken right in the inner pot of your instant pot using 2 forks or a handheld mixer.
Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
How to make perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. Cooking hard boiled eggs in your Instant Pot is quick, easy and hands-off.
Hard boiled eggs were one of the first things that I cooked in my Instant Pot, and I immediately fell in love with these easy peel eggs. While boiling eggs on the stove is also simple, I love that the Instant Pot makes the process especially hands-off.
You May Like: What Is Natural Release On Instant Pot Mean
Best Cooking Time For Instant Pot Rice
The amount of water will remain the same. Different kinds of rice, however, take different amounts of time to cook under pressure. Wild rice and brown rice will require more time than white rice, for instance. Any variety can be cooked at either high or low pressure it comes out a little fluffier at low pressure, and a little chewier at high pressure.
Although you can cook any variety of rice on the automatic rice setting, brown rice works better on either a manual setting, or a setting thats specifically designed for whole grains, such as the Multigrain setting on the Instant Pot.
Here are my preferred cooking times for rice in the pressure cooker:
- Brown rice: 20 minutes on high pressure for firm rice, or 22 minutes for softer grains
- White rice: 15 minutes on low pressure for firm rice, or 17 minutes for softer grains
Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs
Set the time for 3 minutes on High Pressure. Quick release the remaining pressure by carefully placing a towel over the pressure release vent until all of the pressure has released. Remove the lid of the Instant Pot, run cool water over your eggs and then plunge the eggs into a bowl of ice water. Peel immediately.
- Pressure High
Also Check: Instant Pot Hot Message
A Bit Of The Who And Why
Welcome to A Mind “Full” Mom! Kristen here!
I am a mom, Cystic Fibrosis warrior, and a bit obsessed with FOOD.
This is a place where I share my recipes, tips, and trick with you so that you too can get easy meals on the table–without slaving away in the kitchen for hours on end.
I am Kristen Chidsey and am so thrilled you stopped by to get to know me better! I wish we could gab over a latte and muffin, but in the meantime, let me tell you a bit about myself and why I am A Mind “Full” Mom.
How Long To Cook Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
I like 8 minutes on high pressure with an instant pressure release for most hard boiled purposes .
We are at 3,500 elevation here in Central Oregon and that time works well for us. If you are lower elevation youll potentially need a bit less time, higher elevation youll need more time.
If you want a yolkier egg 5-6 minutes on high pressure creates a nice jammy egg.
The time we recommend is based on using large eggs, so you may need to add or subtract a minute or so for larger or smaller eggs. Farm fresh eggs work great in the Instant Pot and the age of the egg is not nearly as important in this recipe as it is for our tutorial on making perfect hard boiled eggs in a pan.
Also Check: How To Wash Instant Pot Lid
How To Make Hard Boiled Eggs In The Instant Pot
Did you know you can cook the most perfect hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot at the touch of a button? I know, its crazy easy.
Cooking hard boiled eggs is one of those things that should be easy to cook, I emphasize the word should! I mean, its a method with two ingredients and one of them is water, how hard can it be? But of course, somehow it seems tricky to get just right. If my eggs are a week or two old, I often make Hard Boiled Eggs on the stove. If theyre super fresh, they can be hard to peel but the shells literally slide off Instant Pot Eggs.
While Ive long perfected cooking hard boiled eggs on the stove top and even have baked them in the oven, making Instant Pot Hard boiled Eggs is hands down the easiest way to cook them!
How To Hard Boil Eggs In The Instant Pot:
First, add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and then insert the steamer rack that came with your Instant Pot unit.
Add the eggs in a single layer on the rack. Since the eggs dont bounce or roll around in the water, they dont crack! Another win! Lock lid and close the valve by setting the steam vent to sealed.
Press manual mode twice to turn off the keep warm function. Set to low pressure for 10 minutes. As every busy Mom will agree, not needing to watch the pot to make hard-boiled eggs is a dream!
Once the cook cycle is complete, do a quick release . Simply use an oven mitt to turn the valve to venting. The hot steam will escape and the eggs will stop cooking right away. Do so for only about 1 minute.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Frozen Ribs In Instant Pot
How To Hard Boil Eggs In Instant Pot:
Why Do You Put Boiled Eggs In Ice Water
The idea of placing the eggs in ice cold water helps the eggs to peel easily, but it also prevents the discolored yolk. The strange color that sometimes forms around hard boiled yolks is a reaction of the sulfur in the egg white and the iron in the yolk . By placing the warm eggs in ice water, it stops the cooking process and helps to stop the discoloration.
About A Mind Full Mom
A Mind Full Mom started as a way to fill YOUR mind with easy, whole food, family-approved recipes. My mind was just full of ideas I wanted to share with youhence the play on the word mindful.
A Mind Full Mom has evolved over time, but the focus is still the sameReal foods for real families on real budgets.
I share simple, wholesome recipes that are not made with fancy ingredients or make your kids run for the hills. These are tried and true recipes that please my kids and my VERY picky husband.
A lot of the recipes you will find here are classic recipes given a face-lift with more wholesome ingredientsno high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oil, food colorings, or msg. I do opt for whole grains over white flour and natural sugars over granulated sugar, but I do believe they have their time and place in moderationlike Cut Out Sugar Cookies.
Instant Pot Vs Stovetop
One of the primary benefits of cooking your eggs in the Instant Pot is that it is a science, not an art.
There is no guessing or eye balling when the water is at the right temperature, wondering when you should set the timer.
Nope, boiling eggs in the Instant Pot is as simple as putting your eggs in a basket, pressing a few buttons, and then waiting for it to do its magic!
You May Like: How To Cook Hoppin John In Instant Pot
Can You Make Hard Boiled Eggs In Instant Pot
The Instant Pot allows you to make as few or as many hard boiled eggs as youd like in only a few minutes. You can arrange a few eggs on the cooking rack or stack multiple layers deep with no time adjustment needed. Hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot are incredibly easy to peel, especially so if you are using fresh eggs.
Using the Instant Pot makes it so easy to make Deviled Eggs quickly!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
Why Make Hard Boiled Eggs In A Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot hard boiled eggs peel so easily.
- This recipe is easy and mostly hands-off. You dont have to watch a pot on the stove.
- Once you know the cook time to make your perfect hard boiled eggs, cooking them in your Instant Pot is foolproof. Theyll turn out just the way you like them, every time.
If you are new to using an Instant Pot, read my quick start guide on how to use an Instant Pot before you get started.
You May Like: How To Cook Frozen Meat In Instant Pot
How To Boil Eggs In Instant Pot
Making them is a cinch. Just follow these simple steps:
- Place eggs in instant pot on steam or egg rack
- Add 1 cup cold water
- Close the lid and lock. Switch valve to sealing.
- Select MANUAL mode for 5 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then release manually or by a quick release by switching the valve to venting.
- Carefully open the lid once the float valve drops.
- Remove the eggs and place in an ice bath for 5-8 minutes before removing the shells.
Tip: Older eggs shell easier!
How To Make Perfect Soft And Hard Boiled Eggs In The Instant Pot
- Arrange. Arrange eggs in a single layer in my steamer basket or on the trivet insert for the Instant Pot.
- Pour. Pour in the water and secure the lid to the Instant Pot.
- Cook. Set the time to the appropriate time and pressure setting based on if you prefer your eggs soft or hard boiled.
- Plunge. Plunge your cooked eggs into a bowl filled with ice water to quickly cool them down and to stop the cooking process.
- Peel. Immediately peel your cooled eggs for the best results.
Recommended Reading: How To Steam Kale In Instant Pot
How To Hard Boil Eggs:
How to make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot? Super simple.
*Ive only tested the cooking time for a 6-quart Instant Pot. It may vary with different sizes/brands of pressure cookers.