What Can You Cook In An Instant Pot
Instant Pots were invented to make cooking meals easier and much quicker using higher pressures and high temperatures. There are lots of Instant Pots on the market and each type has a range of different functions but with all of them, you can expect to be able to cook a huge range of dishes. You might expect to be able to cook stews and casseroles but Instant Pots are great for preparing meats, baking cakes, and even air frying food such as fries and chicken wings. You can find an extensive variety of recipes at instantpot.com.
You May Like: How To Convert Slow Cooker Recipe To Instant Pot
Hard Boiled Eggs In An Instant Pot
Its that time of year where we need hard-boiled eggs and lots of them. I always dread cooking the eggs year after year.
It seems like hard-boiling eggs should be so simple yet they can easily come out overcooked or with lots of cracks. And when you need lots of eggs for coloring it can take a long time to cook them all.
And then to just end up with a bunch of cracked eggs is so frustrating! Well, be frustrated no more! Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs are life-changing!;
I am obsessed with the plethora of options the Instant Pot has, and making hard-boiled eggs is no exception. Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs are so simple to make, it literally takes a few minutes of prep time.
We all have a few minutes, right? As if being simple to make wasnt great enough, Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs turn out perfect every time. No more overcooked or cracked eggs.
If your kids are like mine they will be just as excited as you are about these Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs because no one will have to argue over who has to color the cracked eggs!;
Hard-Boiled Eggs Week
With Easter on its way, I thought that it was best to dedicate an entire week to Hard Boiled Eggs! Youll find this recipe and more recipe ideas and uses for Hard Boiled Eggs.
How To Store Hard Boiled Eggs
You can store hard boiled eggs for about a week in the refrigerator. If the hard boiled eggs are already peeled, use them the same day for best quality. I like to make a dozen;hard boiled eggs on the weekend and then use them for breakfast or add them to my lunch during the week. Its so easy, convenient and healthy. Eggs are good for you so nutritional and a great source of high-quality protein.
Also Check: How To Cook Tuna Steak In Instant Pot
Recipes That Use Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard-boiled eggs are a great low-carb snack option.; My husband likes to eat them for a breakfast on-the-go, too.; So we usually make at least a dozen hard-boiled eggs a week.; Here are some ways we like to use extra hard-boiled eggs.
- I keep a batch of hard-boiled eggs on hand in my refrigerator for quick breakfasts and keto snacks.
- Make keto deviled eggs. Or for a twist on the classic recipe, try loaded deviled eggs with bacon, or guacamole deviled eggs.
- Make keto egg salad.
Also Check: How To Cook Tuna Steak In Instant Pot
How To Peel Eggs
One of the major quandaries when troubleshooting this recipe was how to easily peel a hard-boiled egg once its cooked.
3 Tips for Easy-to-Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs:
- Ice Bath:; An ice bathimmediately after you finish cooking the eggs is crucial and ice them for at least 5 minutes!; The longer you ice them the easier they are to peel.
- Rolling it Out:; Hitting the rounded bottom of the egg and then vigorously rolling the egg resulted in an egg that was easier to peel.
- Running under Cold Water:; If your eggs are still being a bit tricky, run them under cold water while peeling.; Make sure the water runs between the egg white and the membrane so it helps to separate the two.
Some say old eggs are easier to peel.; If you happen to have some week or two-week-old eggs, go ahead and use those up.
If you dont, no problem!; In my dozens of egg trials, I did not see a huge difference.
How To Make Instant Pot Mini Hard
Start by pouring 1 cup of water into the bottom of your 3 quart Instant Pot.
Next, place a rack in the bottom.;;
The other day, I found a nifty OXO Silicone Egg Holder in the discount section at our local Ralphs. I dont know about you but the Managers Special area is just irresistible!
Related:;Instant Pot Mini Accessories
I really like how it keeps the eggs from rolling around and have used it when cooking other rolly-polly shaped things like these instant pot mini beets.
You can also use the metal rack that came with your mini pressure cooker. Weve cooked with both and have not had any problems.
Once youve got your rack in place put the eggs on top of it.
Turn the top vent knob towards the Sealing position. Then place the lid on top and turn it to lock your pressure cooker.
Listen for a beep that will tell you the lid is properly in place.
It usually takes about 10 minutes for our 3 quart instant pot to come to pressure when cooking eggs this way.
While the eggs are cooking fill a bowl with ice and water.
The machine will beep once it reaches pressure and will start counting down the time on its screen.
Once its finished cooking, it will beep again and the screen will have zero minutes on it.
Ways To Store Hard Boiled Eggs
It is very comforting to eat hard-boiled eggs when you are suffering from a cold or flu. Aside from that, its one of the most nutrient-dense meals youll ever consume in your entire life. Hard-boiled eggs must be stored properly to prevent bacterial growth, to ensure that you receive the best possible fresh egg every time. If you employ these techniques, it is possible to ensure that the eggs you cherish will remain safe for many days, regardless of whether you choose to store peeled or unpeeled eggs.
Keep following these general guidelines to know how to store peeled hard-boiled eggs:
- After they have been prepared, hard-boiled eggs must be kept in the refrigerator.
- Unless you are going to eat or cook with the eggs, you should not peel them until they are ready. You can store fully-cooked eggs in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- For up to a week, you can store hard-boiled eggs in a covered bowl of cold water or in a sealed container without water . Due to this, choosing a suitable container for storing hard-boiled eggs is crucial.
- It is not recommended to leave hard-boiled eggs at room temperature for an extended period. Removing left-over food from a picnic or buffet that has been kept cold should be done.
Don’t Miss: How To Convert Slow Cooker Recipe To Instant Pot
How To Make Perfect Hard
I will never forget my first Easter I spent away from my family.
We were living in Georgia at the time and invited friends over for an Easter Egg hunt and Ham Dinner. While the ham and scalloped potatoes were delicious, the eggs were a complete disaster.
After coloring the eggs, our guests cracked a few open for a snack to find that they were not fully cooked!
But I used the same stove-top method for cooking hard-boiled eggs that I had for years. That method worked MOST of the time, but clearly, it was not fool-proof. And frankly, I became a bit fearful to ever cook hard-boiled eggs again–well at least for company!
How To Cook Hard Boiled Eggs In Instant Pot
- Place 1 cup of COLD water in the inner pot of pressure cooker
- Place eggs in egg rack or carefully on top of the rack that the Instant Pot came with.
- Seal pressure cooker.
- Set cook time to 5 minutes
- After cook time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes
- Once 5 minutes has elapsed, release any remaining pressure in Instant Pot by using a wooden spoon or kitchen towel to knock vent knob to vent position.
- Carefully, remove eggs from the pressure cooker and place it in an ice bath. Eggs are VERY hot, so use potholder if your fingers aren’t made of steel!
- After eggs have been in an ice bath for 5 minutes, remove eggs from the ice bath.
- Peel and enjoy your PERFECT hard-boiled eggs.
Don’t Miss: What Does L000 Mean On Instant Pot
How Long To Boil Eggs In The Instant Pot:
Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs: 5 minutes on high pressure was what it took for consistently fully cooked egg whites with a wet yolk. Ive seen several tutorials say 4, 3 or even 2 minutes, but I found anything less than 5 minutes to have a portion of the whites still a little wet and more difficult to peel.
Medium Boiled Eggs: A range of 6-8 minutes seemed to all produced medium boiled eggs. These have fully cooked whites with a tender and somewhat creamy center.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs: It took from 9-10 minutes on high pressure with 10 minutes being a dry yolk the ideal texture for making deviled eggs.
Tips For The Best Instant Pot Eggs:
- Timings below are for large eggs. For medium eggs, reduce cook time by 1 minute and increase by 1 minute for extra large eggs.
- Start with refrigerated eggs.
- Its ok to stack eggs on the rack, but eggs should not touch the water or walls of the instant pot.
- Transfer cooked eggs to a bowl of ice water right away to prevent overcooking.
- We use a 6 Qt 7-in-1 Instant Pot Duo. You may need to experiment timings using a smaller or larger pressure cooker.
You May Like: How To Cook An Artichoke In An Instant Pot
How To Use The Instant Pot Egg Setting
Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
Now your eggs will come out absolutely perfect every time in the pressure cooker! All you need is 3-7 min! Thats it!
How do you like your eggs? A soft boil, a medium boil, or a hard boil?
I prefer a soft boil. I love a runny yolk.
But, no matter what you prefer, I have you guys completely covered to make the absolute perfect hard boiled eggs right in your pressure cooker! All you need is your metal trivet , 1 cup water, and 6-12 eggs.
From there, you can set your timer anywhere from 3-7 minutes . Thats it! No babysitting. No fuss. No waiting for the water to come to a boil. No nothing.
And you know what? Theyre even easier to peel than traditional hard boiled eggs.
After this, youll never want to make hard boiled eggs on the stovetop ever again.
Recommended Reading: What Is Instant Pot Poultry Mode
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
February 8, 2021 by Lisa Wells /
Using the egg setting on the Instant Pot is the easiest way to make hard-boiled eggs perfectly every time. Here’s how to use the egg cooker function on the Instant Potit’s so simple you’ll never go back to using the stovetop!
Hard-boiled eggs are a perfect snack when you’re eating low carb, paleo, keto, or Whole30. They’re easy to pack for healthy lunches or grab-and-go snacks. And a quick protein to add to a salad for lunch, or a veggie bowl for breakfast. They make bite-size appetizers as all kinds of deviled eggs. And you can always make them into egg salad using homemade mayo.
For something so simple, it can sometimes be a challenge to cook or peel a perfect hard-boiled egg. Well, since I’ve been using my Instant Pot to cook eggs they come out perfect every timeand it’s so easy I’ve been making them a lot more often!
While hard boiling eggs in your Instant Pot doesn’t necessarily save time, it is the easiest way to hard boil eggs. Once you get the process down. It really is as simple as hitting the egg button and taking them out when the timer goes off. And the best part is the eggs peel perfectly. No more struggling to remove the shell or losing part of the whites when you try to peel them!
Hard Boiled Eggs Without The Green Ring
Growing up, I always thought hard boiled eggs naturally had a green ring around the yolk. I didnt know that was the result of overcooking them!
My mom has always had the tendency to over-cook food because shes paranoid of salmonella contamination , so I didnt know any better. But now I do.
To prevent the green ring, its important to place the eggs in a cold water bath immediately after cooking them. This stops the cooking process. Use the cooking times below to make sure you dont overcook them, too.
Why Use An Ice Bath
The ice bath will cool the eggs immediately so they wont keep cooking in the residual heat. Plus, the eggs will be shocked, which makes them very easy to peel.
What if you dont have ice? No problem at all! Simply run the eggs under cold tap water for 1 to 2 minutes, until they are cooled enough to peel. The eggs might be slightly easier to peel using the ice bath method, but the tap water method is a lazy one that I use all the time.
An ice bath is exactly as it sounds. Its a bowl of cold water that also contains a good amount of ice. Its used in cooking to help stop the cooking process for items such as boiled eggs. It allows foods to come down in temperature quickly and safely.
How To Make Instant Pot Hard
Donât be intimidated to learn how to hard boil eggs with Instant Pots or other pressure cookers.
So, how do you boil eggs in an Instant Pot? This hard boiled egg Instant Pot recipe will give you step-by-step instructions on how to hard boil an egg in a pressure cooker.
Step #1: Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot inner pot.
Step #2: Next, add eggs to a boiled egg basket or to the trivet.
Step #3: Place steaming basket into Instant Pot over water.
Step #4: Close the lid on the pressure cooker and then turn the valve to the;sealing position.
Step #5: Set to a manual high time for 5 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, allow a natural release for 5 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
Step #6: Remove eggs from the steamer basket and place them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Shells will easily peel off the eggs with little effort.
You May Like: Boiled Potatoes Instant Pot
Instant Pot Mini Hard Boiled Eggs
Instant Pot Mini Hard Boiled Eggs are the perfect beginner recipe to learn how to use your new multi-cooker. The easy-to-peel eggs are great as a quick high-protein snack or for making egg salad.
The secret to a good Sriracha Egg Salad Sandwich starts with good hard-boiled eggs. Im talking creamy yolks and easy to peel shells.
If youve struggled with achieving these results using the traditional stovetop method youve got to give it a try in your 3 quart instant pot mini.
Last year we added a new member to our small appliance family, a 3 qt Instant Pot Duo Plus Mini.
After reading the manual we couldnt wait to cook something with it and settled on a batch of hard-boiled eggs.
Looking online and in the IP Books Id checked out of the library I found about 100 different methods.
The most popular is something called the 5-5-5 Method.
- You cook the eggs on High Pressure for 5 minutes
- Let them naturally release for 5 minutes
- Then carefully quick release the remaining steam
- And dunk the eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes
We gave it a try using 2 eggs and ended up with overcooked grey yolks and cracked egg shells.
Skimming through the 5-Ingredient Vegetarian Pressure Cooker Cookbook, I noticed the author had a different version that used LOW pressure for 6 minutes followed by a quick release.
So I grabbed 2 more eggs and gave it a try. The whites were perfect but the yolks were a tiny bit overdone.
How Long Are Hard Boiled Eggs Good For
- Hard boiled eggs will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator when peeled, 7 days if unpeeled.
- Hard boiled eggs will last for up to 2 hours at room temperature. So be sure that Easter Bunny doesnât leave the eggs hidden too long!
- Hard boiled eggs do not freeze well! Cooked egg whites will become rubbery.
- You can freeze the cooked egg yolks if desired by placing cooked yolks freezer bag and freezing for up to 3 months.
You May Like: How To Make Sushi Rice Instant Pot