Instant Pot Meatballs And Sauce
Cooking pressure cooker meatballs with tomato sauce is very similar to the ones without the sauce minus the trivet and water.
- Prep: Add tomato sauce to any size Instant Pot. No water or trivet is needed.
- Add meatballs: Drop raw meatballs into the sauce as you roll them out. They should fit in a single layer in tomato sauce but packing them tight or on top is just as fine.
- Cook on High pressure for 7 minutes. Wait for 2 minutes and release the remaining pressure using the Quick Release method.
- Serve: Meatballs taste best if you let them stand open for 10 minutes. Then I toss them to coat in sauce by shaking the inner pot and garnishing with parsley or dill.
Avoid the burn notice by making sure your sauce isnt too thick. You need enough liquid to create steam. If you find your sauce is way too thick, add just a bit of water to thin it out.
Saute Meatballs Before Pressure Cooking
Avoiding The Burn Notice
Tomato based sauces can be tricky in an Instant Pot because tomatoes have a tendency to burn easily. Make sure your sauce is thin enough to create steam and seal the pot. You can thin it out by adding a can of diced tomatoes or even just a little water. If you are worried about it being TOO thin, you can always add tomato paste or tomato sauce to your pasta sauce after the meatballs are done cooking. I like using my homemade canned sauce because the consistency is just right. If it seems too thin afterwards, I will add a few tablespoons of tomato paste and that usually does the trick.
Don’t Miss: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Plain Instant Pot Meatballs
My favorite thing about these Instant Pot meatballs is that they cook by themselves, no simmering in sauce required which means you can literally eat them with anything and bathe them in any sauce you like.
These no-sauce meatballs are also great for meal prep. Make a big batch over the weekend to eat throughout the week, or freeze them for future meals or a last-minute appetizer.;
To make Instant Pot meatballs with no sauce, just follow the basic recipe below. If you plan to freeze them, check out the FAQs below.;
- Cover plain meatballs in pesto and serve over pasta, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash
- Make a simple tzatziki sauce, wrap a few meatballs up in a big piece of pita bread, and top with baby greens and red onions
- Bathe them in bbq sauce and serve in a bun with a side of coleslaw
What To Serve With Meatballs
Nothing beats a classic spaghetti recipe, but there are so many delicious ways to serve Instant Pot Meatballs!Here are a few of our favorite options:
- On rolls with cheese to make a meatball sub
- Over seasoned rice
- With a marinara dipping sauce
- I have used these meatballs instead of chuck steak in my instant pot beef stew recipe and talk about amazing!!
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Pre Cooked Ribs In Instant Pot
Storing Freezing & Reheating
- To Store: Keep covered in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To Freeze: Transfer to a freezer-friendly bag or container and keep stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: Thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat on the stovetop over medium-low heat until heated through.
Making This Recipe In Advance
Freezing: Place raw meatballs on a baking sheet and flash freeze for a few hours. This is so they dont stick together once kept frozen. Transfer to a Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Cook straight from frozen.
Refrigerate leftovers: In an airtight container, meatballs can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days. If made with pasta, keep stored for up to 2 days only, as pasta tends to get soggy.
Also Check: How To Make Frozen Tamales
Homemade Meatballs With Jelly & Chili Sauce
These instant pot meatballs with jelly and chili sauce are one of my favorite beef recipes. My other favorite is this best meatloaf; If you need something to bring to potluck or a party then these grape jelly meatballs are a must! I guarantee, they will be the first thing people devour.;
You can make your own batch of;chili sauce or buy it. Both ways are delicious! I noticed most of the meatballs recipes I’ve seen use grape jelly.
Grape jelly is amazing but I really love using strawberry. I think I like better than grape but you can use whatever you like.
Pressure Cooker Meatball Tips
- This was designed as a one pan dump everything in and press go recipe for busy moments in your life. If you have time and prefer to, then please go ahead and brown the meatballs first. Just brown them using the sauté function in batches in the Instant Pot till done. Dont forget to deglaze the pot before cooking the meatballs in tomato sauce if you brown the meatballs first.
- To make life even easier feel free to use a pre-made tomato sauce or some store-bought pasta sauce.
- The total cook time does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure or for the pressure to release.
Cooking Meatballs In The Instant Pot
When you cook meatballs or low carb sausage balls in the oven or on the stop top, you need little to no water or oil in the pan. However, Instant Pots work a bit differently.;
There must be at least a cup of water in the Instant Pot for it to work. The liquid that boils creates steam, which builds pressure. The pressure is what cooks the meat.;
I use beef broth for the liquid in this recipe. As a result, the Instant Pot meatballs have more flavor.;
Just using a cup of stock gives you the opportunity to turn these meatballs into countless meals. You can eat them immediately, freeze them, or add them to other dishes.
How To Cook Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs
See how easy it is to make these awesome low carb meatballs?
Tips For Best Results
- Pictured are meatballs made with turkey and no egg and no oatmeal. I have used oatmeal for beef meatballs as poultry is already quite dense when cooked. I find all meatballs taste amazing and come out juicy no matter which variation I make.
- When rolling the meatballs, dipping your hand in cold water can help with forming the balls without the meat getting stuck to your hands.
- Dont overcook! 7 minutes is the optimal cook time for juicy meatballs whether from fresh or frozen.
Instant Pot Ikea Meatballs
Ikea is an overwhelming store to me. Its like you get stuck in a maze and cant get out until you go through every single section of the store. I do love browsing Ikea but I also know that once Im in there it is NOT going to be a quick trip of run in, grab something, checkout and be done. Its going to be a 2-hour ordeal. For a person who hates shopping this is something I have to prep myself for. However, the meatballs in the cafeteria make this whole experience worth it!
Have you tried Ikeas Swedish meatballs with the creamy gravy? They are super delicious! These meatballs are tiny, half ounce meatballs that are fun to eat since you can eat quite a few. They taste great served with mashed potatoes. My Instant Pot/Crockpot version taste just as good! You will love eating this for dinner any night of the week and the bonus is that you wont have to wander through a the maze-like store to eat themlol.
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time:5 minutes
- Total Time:25 minutes
Also Check: My Instant Pot Says Burn
Things You May Need To Make Instant Pot Spaghetti And Meatballs
;*Soulfully Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
How To Make Perfect Instant Pot Meatballs
My method for making meatballs is very simple, but here are a few tips to help.
Don’t Miss: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Meatballs In Instant Pot
Cooking meatballs in the Instant Pot is kind of a no brainer! All you have to do is saute and cook everything in the same pot, for a fraction of the time.
With the Instant Pot, you can cook frozen or fresh meatballs and you get tasty, moist meatballs every time!;
I also love that this recipe is for meatballs in marinara sauce, but that you can easily change it up and make a variety of flavors, with a variety of different types of meat! Use ground beef, pork, turkey or sausage! I am sure you will love each one as much as our family does!!;
How To Make Instant Pot Meatballs And Sauce
Form your meatballs first. In a bowl, add the ground beef and pork or whichever ground meat you use. You can make this with all ground beef or oven ground turkey, if you prefer.
Add breadcrumbs, eggs, dried herbs, salt, and pepper. Use clean hands to work the ingredients together.
Form into ping pong ball size meatballs. You should end up with approximately 20 meatballs.
Wash your hands and place the meatballs in the fridge while you prep the sauce.
Amount Per Serving:
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
What Are The Ingredients To Make Instant Pot Frozenmeatballs
To make Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs you are going to need:
- Favorite tomato sauce
- Frozen meatballs
Now, it is important to add water because even withspaghetti sauce without it there is a higher chance of getting a BURN on your InstantPot.
As for what type of frozen meatballs to use with your Instant Pot, we love Sams Club Members Mark Italian Meatballs or Members Mark Italian Beef Meatballs. These meatballs are already cooked so keep that in mind.
Of course, you can use your favorite frozen meatballs.
Juicy And Tender These Easy Low Carb Meatballs With Sauce Are Made In Just A Few Minutes In Your Instant Pot These Keto Friendly Instant Pot Meatballs Are The Perfect Topping For Cooked Spaghetti Squash Or Zoodles A Hungry Family Favorite
This week is all about low carb Instant Pot recipes, and will end with a collection of my favorite keto friendly Instant Pot recipes on Friday. ;Im traveling in the states right now so hopefully Ill be able to stay on schedule if not I promise to post the rest next week instead!
Its no secret that I love meatballs, so when I was brainstorming low carb recipes to make using the Instant Pot, this easy keto;meatballs and sauce recipe was at the top of the list! ;Its a variation of the basic meatballs from my popular low carb Meatballs alla Parmigiana recipe, and I was really hoping that cooking them in the Instant Pot would be easy and yield good results.
Having never used an Instant Pot to make meatballs before, I wasnt sure that they wouldnt just turn to mush, leaving me with meat sauce when I opened it after cooking. ;So it was with trepidation that I did the first test run, and;I was ridiculously;excited that they not only held together, but;were so much juicier and more tender than my traditional method!
Usually it takes all day simmering in the sauce for them to get that gorgeous flavor and texture but these meatballs cooked in my Instant Pot in just 10 minutes!
After cooking the Instant Pot meatballs on low pressure for 10 minutes and releasing the steam, I really did expect to find a meat sauce in there, but the meatballs were fully intact. ;Be sure to leave space between them though and dont jam them in too tight.
Read Also: No Poultry Setting On Instant Pot
Heres The Skinny All You Got To Do To Make These Tasty Little Balls Of Pleasure For Your Face Hole Is Open The Package Of Ground Meat Roll Them And Place Them Inside The Pressure Cooker Little Seasoning Little Barbecue Sauce And Cook For Five Minutes
No, you didnt read that wrong, just five minutes!;
Again, you are so welcome mama!;
I typed it all out in a super easy to follow recipe below. If you make them please, tag me , because I want to remember just how delicious they are on the regular. Make room in your dinner rotation because these are going to become a Monday Night Madness staple!
Recipe For Instant Pot Meatballs
Your family and friends are going to be so happy with how these meatballs turn out! This is a great idea to make for any type of pot luck dinner or Church dinner social. You can keep on making them in multiples batches to use a freezer meal!
The meatballs will stay great in the freezer for up to 6 months. Not that the meatballs will last that long, but if you like freezer meal prepping, then this will be right up your alley. Who doesnt love a great time saving meals?
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Tenderloins
Why Youll Love This Frozen Meatballs Instant Pot Recipe
- Not counting water, this recipe uses two ingredients. Yup, grab your favourite bottle of pasta sauce and a bag of frozen meatballs at the store and youre good to go.
- Dinners done in minutes. Im seriously. I pressure cook these frozen meatballs for 4 minutes only. Thats how long it takes to cook frozen meatballs in the Instant Pot!
- These meatballs are great as a meal prep, dinner, or as an appetizer. Its quite versatile.
Minute Instant Pot Italian Meatballs
Want a quick and easy comfort food that doubles as an appetizer and dinner? Of course you do! Meet the Instant Pot Italian meatballs!;Cook frozen meatballs in just 5 minutes using your pressure cooker.
How delicious and easy are these appetizers? Juicy, tender, and super quick to makea busy persons dream come true!
If youre looking for other appetizers and snacks to go along with it, I suggest my goat cheese dip with basil and honey. The combo of the sweet and savory is LIFE CHANGING.
Read Also: How Long Do You Pressure Cook Artichokes
Italian Instant Pot Meatballs And Sauce
You cant go wrong with classic meatballs in marinara sauce. My favorite way to eat these is bathed in sauce, right out of the bowl. No pasta or bread needed thats how good they are!;
I recommend about 3-4 cups of chunky sauce for a full batch of meatballs maybe a little more if you like a lot of sauce and will be eating them over pasta, and maybe a little less if you plan to serve them as an appetizer.
If youre going the traditional spaghetti and meatball route, you can heat the sauce on a stove while the meatballs cook or combine everything, reheat, and serve them right out of the Instant Pot.
Cover and heat everything up on SAUTE LOW and/or the Keep Warm function.
- Pop open a jar of your favorite store-bought marinara. I personally love Raos which I recently discovered at Costco!
- Alternatively, you can make your own easy marinara sauce while the meatballs cook with just a handful of simple pantry ingredients.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and/or basil and Parmesan cheese and serve with toothpicks for an easy appetizer
- Put over pasta, top with fresh Parmesan cheese and serve with a side salad
- Serve over spaghetti squash with sauteed veggies ;