How To Make Ninja Foodi Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I may earn a percentage of the purchase at no cost to you. As an Amazon affiliate, I may receive a percentage of qualifying purchases. For more details, please read the full disclaimer.
Save this recipe for later!
Check out our recipe for Ninja Foodi Pasta- How to perfectly cook any type of pasta in the Ninja Foodi!
Yes, pasta is pretty quick and easy to cook on the stovetop. But, its even quicker and easier to cook in your Ninja Foodi using the pressure cooker function.
When you cook your pasta in the Ninja Foodi, there is no waiting around for a pot of water to boil, no checking to see if the pasta is done cooking, and no chance that the water will boil over the pot! Instead, when you make your pasta in the Ninja Foodi, you can walk away from the pot and return to perfectly cooked pasta every time, regardless of the type of pasta! This recipe is for any type of dried pasta.
Regardless of the type of pasta, the formula for getting perfectly cooked pasta is the same. If you follow the SECRET FORMULA, you will quickly become the pasta cooking expert in your home!
Ingredients To Cook Spaghetti Noodles In An Instant Pot
The ingredients for this recipe are shown in the photo below, we use very simple basic ingredients for this recipe.
As you can see the recipe calls for:
- dried spaghetti noodles
- cracked pepper
This is the basics for what you will need to learn, understand, and master for Instant Pot Spaghetti recipes.
You can then take this understanding and make easy dinners like the Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce or Instant Pot Spaghetti with Jar Sauce.
Freezing And Storing Spaghetti
If theres a chance you have leftovers, theyll be even better the second day. I dont know what it is about Italian food, but its always better after the flavors have melded together overnight. One of my favorites for leftovers is Baked Chicken Spaghetti, it is so good!; Sometimes I secretly hope there are leftovers, just so I can have them the next day for lunch. Warmed up with a slice of bread and Im set!
- Storing: Like most dishes, this will keep beautifully in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Freeze:;This will freeze for 3-4 months well. If I know Im going to freeze leftovers Ill try to under cook the noodles just a tad bit so they are really al dente. Using the quick release valve stops the cooking process. Once the spaghetti has completely cooled I will portion out in individual freezer safe containers or bags. Thaw overnight in the fridge and warm on the stove top or microwave. Enjoy!
Read Also: How To Cook Brown Rice In Instant Pot
How To Stop Starch From Shooting Out
As we mentioned above, our primary goal with this method fo cooking pasta in the Instant Pot is to prevent starch from escaping during the release, and spraying starchy liquid all over your kitchen. In fact, it was one of the first times I cooked gluten-free pasta in the Instant Pot when I did not know how to react when the starch started spewing everywhere in my kitchen. Everything in the vicinity of my IP was covered in a starchy slime, and I feared that my Instant Pot was ruined since so much had come out from the release valve. Luckily, a few cycles through the dishwasher and taking apart the valve to clean it saved it.
But how to prevent the starch from escaping in the future? The first step was coming up with this method for cooking it which reduces the amount of starch that escapes to begin with. It truly makes a difference. But the next step was stopping the starch from coming out, without overcooking the pasta, if it does occur.
If a lot of starch starts to spew out of the pressure release valve, using a towel, carefully shut the valve, and let it stay closed for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds have passed, you can release the valve again. You can repeat this process as necessary until all the pressure has released. This helps control the temperature and rapid boiling with the Instant Pot, which reduces the starch from escaping.
Why My Instant Pot Is Spitting Out Too Much Foam During Quick Release
Therere a few reasons youre having too much foam spitting out of Instant Pot:
Recommended Reading: What Is Instant Pot Poultry Mode
Spaghetti Noodles To Make Instant Pot Buttered Noodles
Can you use spaghetti noodles for preparing buttered noodles? Spaghetti noodles is very tasty for preparing buttered noodles but may need more water and more cooking time for preparation.
As I told earlier, egg noodles tend to cook much faster.
So if you use spaghetti noodles, it usually comes as 16 oz noodles, for which I recommend start using 5 cups of water but you have to see if the water is barely covering the noodles and if needed you may add a little more water.
I have noticed that the egg noodles actually cook perfectly even if all the noodles are not covered in water so do not add more water than recommended for the egg noodles.
Also use 3 minutes of cooking time for spaghetti noodles instead of the one minute cooking time that we use for egg noodles here.
What Are The Best Noodles For Your Instant Pot
I love making Instant Pot Pasta. Ive used elbow macaroni, large shells in my white cheddar pressure cooker pasta recipe, rotini, and now thin spaghetti noodles.
For this recipe, thin spaghetti worked great.
For the ratio of noodles to liquid, I used 1:2 but added a few more tablepsoons of soy sauce and oyster sauce for flavor. The noodles will still suck up the extra liquid. So thats 8 oz of pasta for about 2 cups of liquid.;
I hope you enjoy these Garlic Instant Pot Noodles as much as we do.;
Looking for more Pressure Cooker Side Recipes? Try these out
Read Also: What Is Instant Pot Natural Release
How To Make Garlic Instant Pot Noodles
- First, whisk together your sauce ingredients.;
- Pour ingredients in the Instant Pot.;
- Then, you break your spaghetti noodles in half and lay them on the noodles in a fan. Push the noodles down, making sure they are covered with the liquid. Cover and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.;
- ;When timer is up, do a quick release. Open the pot and see the magic of cooked noodles. Do a quick stir and serve.;
How Long To Pressure Cook Pasta
The general rule of thumb for Instant Pot pasta is to cook it for half the time recommended on the box. I usually cook most pastas for 4 minutes or 5 minutes if I want the pasta a little softer.
When the pasta is done, you may still have some water in the bottom. Just stir it well, and the pasta should absorb the water.
If there is still some water remaining, drain the pasta before serving.
Also Check: How To Cook Soaked Beans In Instant Pot
Beef And Noodles Vs Beef Stroganoff
Like beef stroganoff, pressure cooker beef and noodles is hearty, comforting, and sure to feed a crowd. The differences lie in the sauce.
- Beef stroganoff incorporates dairy into the sauce .
- The sauce for beef and noodles is broth-based. Its still deeply savory, but it doesnt come across quite as rich.
- Mushrooms are also acceptable in beef stroganoff, but I would not add them to beef and noodles.
For todays Instant Pot beef and noodles, I kept to the recipes intentionto be a cozy, affordable dish sure to warm you to the bone on a chilly eveningthen, I made a few better-for-you swaps to lighten it up.
Plus, since this is a one pot beef and noodles recipe , youll only have one pot to wash in the end. Classic comfort, made lighter, with easy clean up <Thats my kind of trifecta!
Tips For Making Ninja Foodi Pasta
What type of pasta can I cook in the Ninja Foodi?
You can cook any type of dried pasta in the Ninja Foodi. The cook time will vary based on what type of pasta you are making.
Why is my pasta stuck together when cooked in the Ninja Foodi?
If you are cooking long pasta like spaghetti, fettuccine, or vermicelli, you will need to crisscross the pasta when you add it to the pot. If you stack all of the pasta on top of each other, it will stick together, Crisscrossing the past prevents this from happening. When adding long pasta to the pot, break the pasta in half and then add to the pot by placing about 10 pieces of pasta into the pot and then crisscrossing the next 10 pieces. Continue this process until all pasta has been added. You will end up with a pile of pasta in the middle that looks similar to a haystack.
Can I use broth instead of water to make pasta in the Ninja Foodi?
Yes, you can. The broth will add additional flavor. If using broth, you may want to reduce the amount of salt that you are adding as some broths can be rather salty.
How do I cook egg noodles in the Ninja Foodi?
Exactly the same way that you cook other kinds of pasta. Follow the same formula for cooking egg noodles. See chart for more details.
How long does it take to cook al dente pasta in the Ninja Foodi?How long does it take to cook firm pasta in the Ninja Foodi?How long does it take to cook tender pasta in the Ninja Foodi?
Recommended Reading: How To Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
How To Cook Noodles In Instant Pot
1) First get all the ingredients and measure them ready.
2) In a bowl add the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, cayenne pepper /black pepper and stir. Set aside.
3) Add spaghetti noodles in the inner pot of the IP then pour the soy sauce mixture over the noodles. Make sure the noodles are soaked in the sauce or else some parts might come out uncooked.
4) Add bell peppers, onions, garlic and spring onions on top of the noodles.
5) Cover the instant pot with its lid and set to manual pressure cook 9 minutes. After this time do a quick release.
6) When instant pot is depressurised, open the pot then stir the content.
Serve and enjoy
Can I Cook Pasta In An Instant Pot
Yes! You can, and whats more I highly recommend it as a time saving and low-effort way to make pasta that is super flavorful and perfectly cooked. Heres why:
More flavor – Pasta cooked in the Instant Pot turns out more flavorful than pasta that is cooked with the sauce separately. The seasonings are mixed in with the water and liquid used to cook the pasts in the Instant Pot. The pasta cooks under pressure and absorbs all the flavors from the liquid. I like to add a good quality broth or bouillon to the liquid before pressure cooking, and this gives my super flavorful pasta every single time!
Perfect texture – The pasta comes out just the way my kids and I like it. A tad more done than al dente. The softer than usual texture is a hige hit with kids especially. If you like your pasta al dente and with some more bite, then simply reduce the pressure cooking time by a minute.
Naturally thick sauce No need to reserve that starchy pasta water to thicken the sauce anymore! Many stovetop pasta recipes call for reserving the pasta water to thicken the sauce. When you cook pasta in the Instant Pot, the starch from the pasta is not drained away. It stays in the cooker, and the sauce is naturally thickened. This means you can add lesser cream or cheese or other thickeners .
You May Like: How To Set Instant Pot On High Pressure
Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese This method of cooking pasta in the Instant Pot works so well with Mac and Cheese. Because the starches in the pasta thicken the cheesy sauce, you get an extra creamy mac without needing a ton of cheese or butter.
- Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti Classic and comforting, this one pot meal is a family favorite around here. Check out that post .
- Instant Pot Italian Pasta Salad This pasta salad uses a different method than the one described here. For Instant Pot pasta salad you boil the pasta above the other ingredients using the pot-in-pot method. But its such a fun Instant Pot trick, it deserved a mention here.
How To Make Spaghetti In An Instant Pot
Cooking the noodles at the same time as the sauce make this recipe super fast and easy. All the work in one pot means less mess. More time to do the things you love and still put a hearty meal on the table.
You May Like: Can The Instant Pot Go On The Stove
Cooking Spaghetti Fettuccini Or Linguini In The Instant Pot
Long, straight pasta like spaghetti, fettuccini, and linguini can be a bit finicky to cook in the Instant Pot. The method for cooking these is slightly different than other shapes, though the cook time remains the same.;
Our Method Of Cooking Pasta
Our method for cooking any type of pasta in the Instant Pot is a bit different, and well explain how we came to it below. But first, here is our basic method:
So whats the science behind this? Its simple: the pasta is already cooking during the time it takes to come up to the pressure, and the pasta continues to cook when the pressure cooker clicks off. The reason we do it this way is to minimize the Instant Pot from boiling over with starch. This looks like starch spewing out of the pressure release knob.
Read Also: How Long To Cook Pork Tenderloin In Instant Pot
Tips For Perfect Instant Pot Pasta
Id like to say that Instant Pot spaghetti is foolproof, but after spending a lot of time reading through comments in an Instant Pot Facebook group, I quickly learned that a few common problems plague this kind of recipe. But all of them can be easily avoided with good technique.
- Always scrape the bottom of the pot after browning the meat. The goal here is to avoid getting a BURN warning from your pot, so youll want to brown the meat, add a little water to the pot, and scrape, scrape, scrape before you add the marinara.
- Layer the water under and over the pasta. To cook the pasta evenly, youll want to make sure there is water both under the pasta and over it. I like to rinse my sauce jar with water and then pour it over the pasta to avoid waste, but feel free to skip this if youre using homemade sauce.
- Resist the urge to stir after the pasta is added. As soon as youve got the pasta in the pot and the water over it, put the lid on. You can give the pasta a gentle prod, but do not stir, which will give you gummy, stuck-together pasta.
What Can You Not Cook In Instant Pot
11 things you should never cook in an Instant Pot Shop: Instant Pot Duo 6-quart, $79 Fried Foods. If you re looking for a nice crispy piece of fried chicken or golden fried mozzarella sticks, you re going to want to try good old frying . Quick cooking foods. Stir-fry. Creamy sauces. Bread. Cookies. Steak.
You May Like: What Is Sous Vide Instant Pot