How To Cook Teriyaki Chicken In The Instant Pot
One mega advantage this easy pressure cooker teriyaki chicken recipe has over my slow cooker version is that everything cooks in one pot. Instead of reducing the teriyaki sauce on the stove, you can do it right in the Instant Pot itself! Thank you sauté mode.
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot. You can use chicken breasts, go for Instant Pot teriyaki chicken thighs, or even use frozen chicken.
- Stir the sauce ingredients together. Easy peasy.
- Pour over the chicken, seal, and cook! The amount of time will vary based on if you used breasts or thighs, as well as if your chicken is fresh or frozen.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a plate and shred it with two forks. At this point, it will be fall-apart tender.
- Switch the Instant Pot to sauté, then add the cornstarch slurry. Let it bubble and thicken into a glorious, hopelessly addictive teriyaki sauce.
- Stir the chicken back into the sauce, and serve!
How To Use Instant Pot Chicken Breast
Congratulations! You’ve got tender, juicy chicken breast that’s ready to use in this week’s meals. Rub a little butter and salt on your whole chicken breasts and reheat for an easy weeknight meal . Use cubed chicken in Chef John’s top-rated Spicy Chicken Noodles. Shredded chicken makes Mexican night a breeze when used in this Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup or Baked Chicken and Rice Chimichanga. Browse our entire collection of chicken recipes for more inspiration.
How To Use A Mixer To Shred Chicken
Once your chicken is cooked and cool enough to handle, you can dice it up or shred it for use in your recipe.
- For easy shredding, you can place the chicken in a bowl and use a hand mixer like this one to shred the chicken. If you have a hand mixer or stand mixer, you need to try this trick!
- You can also shred the chicken with two forks by hand.
Heres what the above looks like as a quick step-by-step.
Recommended Reading: Cooking Tamales In Instant Pot
How To Make The Best Butter Chicken Recipe
Ive been loving making Instant Pot recipes Indian, because the pressure cooker consolidates flavors in a way that mimics the effect of all-day stovetop cooking. This Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala and this Instant Pot Lentil Curry have become a favorites of both mine and of many of yours too, so I wanted to explore making more Instant Pot Indian recipes.
Ive also been loving making Instant Pot recipes with chicken, both Instant Pot chicken breasts and Instant Pot chicken thighs. Because the Instant Pot doesnt lose moisture during cooking, it means recipes like this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice turn out perfectly tender every time.
Looking for a flavorful dish but dont have an Instant Pot? Try this Jamaican Curry Chicken instead.
Whenever Im creating a recipe, its important to me that you can find the ingredients at your neighborhood grocery store. If I cant easily locate an ingredient near my house in Milwaukee, you wont see it in one of my blog recipes, with very few exceptions.
Thus, this Instant Pot Butter Chicken, while perhaps not the most authentic Indian butter chicken recipe in the land, will be one of the easiest butter chicken recipes youll find, starting with the ingredients.
Tips For The Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
Honestly, there isnt anything easier than cooking chicken in the Instant Pot! One of the best things about this Instant Pot chicken teriyaki recipe is that instead of reducing the homemade teriyaki sauce on the stove, you make it right in the Instant Pot.
- For a low-carb version, serve the Instant Pot Teriyaki chicken over cauliflower rice or even broccoli rice.
How to serve the Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
You can serve the Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken with rice. Use brown rice for a higher fiber and protein content. Cauliflower rice or broccoli rice is also an excellent low-carb option.
Don’t Miss: How To Convert Slow Cooker Recipe To Instant Pot
Easy Instant Pot Chicken With Cheese Sauce
May 3, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. I only recommend items I love and have had a positive experience with. Thank you!
5 Expert Instant Pot Tricks HOW TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH THE INSTANT POT
Why tolerate a boring bland chicken breast when you can have a tender juicy Instant Pot Chicken Breast smothered in Garlic and Herb Cheese Sauce served alongside a pile of rice and colorful veggies? Now that’s a dinner worth showing up for! Bonus: it’s easy and quick too!
Did you know that chicken breasts are the #1 searched for recipe ingredient of all time? Not too surprising, right?
But when it comes to pressure cooking, chicken can be a tad finicky.
Some people swear you can throw a Costco size bag of frozen chicken breasts into the pot and end up with tender shredded chicken every time .
Others vow they will never cook chicken in the Instant Pot again because of one too many chewy, dry, dinner is ruined situations.
I can’t say I know for sure what accounts for the huge variation with Instant Pot Chicken, but I suspect the quality of chicken, elevation, cook time, method, and consumer expectation may be the biggest factors.
Well, today I want to share one of my favorite, hopefully fail-proof for everyone, methods for flavorful, juicy chicken in the Instant Pot.
Tips And Tricks For Making These Creamy Italian Instant Pot Chicken Breasts:
- Feel free to add in additional vegetables to make this a one pot meal mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli would be great in here! Or serve it with a side salad to round things out.
- We love this over egg noodles, but the options for serving are endless! You could serve it over rice, potatoes, or use it to make quesadillas, pizza or sandwiches!
- You can use a lighter cream or even evaporated milk in this recipe, but its a small amount so I usually use 30% or heavy cream if I have it.
- You can easily freeze any leftovers you have for another day, so go ahead and double the recipe if you like! The higher the fat content of your cream, the better it will freeze and thaw, so keep that in mind as youre cooking if youre planning to freeze.
Best Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken
This quick and easy take of the famous Chinese Mongolian Chicken is such a perfect, delicious, and quick Asian meal made in just 30 minutes! Its faster to make this meal at home than to drive to a restaurant or to order takeout. Also, by making it at home you will save some good dollars and will have amazing leftovers.
This dish is super flavorful and juicy, made with tender slices of chicken breast soaked in a delicious sweet and savory sauce. It is one of those dishes that tastes even better when cooked at home! This recipe will quickly become a favorite and part of your dinner rotation! The leftovers taste even better the next day.
Instant Pot Pasta With Chicken Meat Sauce
Posted on Last updated:
Another Instant Pot Chicken Pasta Recipe.
Guys. I know how much you love your Instant Pot. Better yet, instant pot pasta recipes! Like this MEGA POPULAR Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta.
This Instant pot pasta with chicken meat sauce is a mashup of that chicken parmesan pasta in instant pot and the classic spaghetti with meat sauce. Why are you gonna love this chicken pasta in instant pot as well?
- Super easy
- Pasta and meat sauce are cooked together to make a one pot meal
- Lean ground chicken < Healthier alternative
- Made in Instant pot < easy clean up
- Uses jarred pasta sauce
- All pantry ingredients + ground chicken
- Weeknight dinner
Love your instant pot as much as I do? Check out more Instant Pot recipes.
Don’t Miss: How To Steam Kale On Stove
Here Are The Cooking Times For Chicken Thighs In The Instant Pot:
- Bone-in skin-on thighs are great. Youll be setting the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 12 minutes with about 6-8 thighs in there. Note that you should remove the skin before serving. It will be limp.
- Bone-in skinless thighs are also going to go for 12 minutes for 8 thighs.
- Boneless skinless thighs only need 10 minutes for 8-10 thighs.
- Frozen thighs of any kind: Freeze them individually, not in a big clump. Do everything as instructed but use your frozen thighs. For 8 frozen thighs of any type, go with 14 minutes.
Here are the instructions for cooking chicken thighs in the Instant Pot in printable form.
Instant Pot Chicken Is So Easy
Cooking chicken in the pressure cooker or Instant Pot works similarly to poaching. The biggest difference is that you use less liquid and you can press a button and step away while the pot is doing its thing.
The chicken cooks in water, seasoned with salt, bay leaves, and garlic for a little bit of extra flavor. You can add any aromatic spices or vegetables to the water, really, depending on how you want to flavor the meat. Ginger and green onion would be nice if you plan to use the chicken on top of an Asian-style salad, for instance.
- New to the Instant Pot? Check out our post How To Use an Instant Pot: A First-Timers Guide.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken Thighs
One of the beauties of the instant pot is, it lets you cook chicken directly from the freezer. There are a couple of factors when it comes to cooking frozen chicken in the instant pot. First, the cooking time increases from 10 mins to 15 minutes and with a natural pressure release of 10 minutes.
Second, cooking frozen chicken in Instant pot tends to release more liquid than the fresh one. To adjust the total amount of liquid in the recipe.
In this recipe, you can alternatively use frozen chicken thighs. The only step that you need to skip is the browning of the chicken. If using frozen chicken thighs with skin, once the chicken is cooked take the skin off .
So start with browning the onion and garlic in butter in saute mode. Then add wine to deglaze the pot, followed by tomato sauce and seasoning . Add frozen chicken thighs and cook on high for 15 minutes, followed by natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure manually and open the lid.
If the amount of liquid is more, put the pot back to saute mode. Cook for 5 minutes more to evaporate the extra liquid and get the desired consistency. Switch off the instant pot and add cream to it. Mix everything well.
What Is Your Chicken Goal
- I want my chicken to be firm, and easy to dice: For firm, chicken salad-ready breasts, youll want to go for a 10-minute cook time but use a quick-release of pressure to keep the breasts juicy and not overcooked.
- I want tender, shredded chicken: For chicken that can be shredded with a fork, keep the pressure on a little longer by using natural release for five minutes after a 15-minute cook time.
Dont toss the broth! Whatever you do, dont dump the broth you used for steaming it didnt lose any flavor, in fact it gained some, and you can use it to turn your chicken into soup or even to upgrade your lunch ramen.
Read Also: Instant Pot Sterilize Button
Using Frozen Chicken In The Instant Pot
The other Instant Pot advantage is that you can use frozen chicken.
- General guidelines I recommend for fresh/frozen can be found in this simple guide to cooking Instant Pot Chicken!
Making this Teriyaki Chicken recipe, I cant help but smile at the thought of high school Erin sitting down to a bowl. Im confident shed approve, now adult-Erin certainly approves, and I know that you and your family will too!
Can I Use Frozen Chicken Breasts
You can absolutely use frozen chicken breasts, but there are a couple things to keep in mind. In this recipe I first sear the chicken breast for extra flavor, if using frozen chicken you wont be able to do that, so just skip that step.
The second thing to keep in mind is that for frozen chicken, while the cooking time will be the same, it will take longer to come to pressure, and it will take longer for the pressure to naturally release.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot
Recommendations For Making Bbq Chicken In Instant Pot
I use chicken thighs for this recipe. You can use any type of chicken though. Chicken breast, boneless chicken thighs, fresh or frozen work great. It is the special combination of the house seasoning along with your favorite barbeque sauce that makes this recipe a winner.
Just remember to adjust your cook times accordingly for the type of chicken that you are using. You can find more information about cook times here.
How To Store Instant Pot Chicken
- Leftover cooked, shredded, or diced Instant Pot chicken can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight.
- Shredded Instant Pot Chicken is IDEAL for meal prep. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week, divide into individual containers, then use it all week long.
Also Check: How To Cook Ground Turkey In Instant Pot
Bbq Chicken Sliders Tips And Tricks
There isnt really much to this recipe, but if you want to make it even better, here are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind:
If You’re Like Many People You Might Have A Monthly Rotation Of Dinner Entrees That You Regularly Cycle Through
The calorie content is also lower than fried food, which helps you manage your weight and improves your health. If you’re like many people, you might have a monthly rotation of dinner entrees that you regularly cycle through. Unfortunately, even though there’s a fruit in its name, banana bread isn’t always the healthie. The mouthwatering dish is easy to prepare and features some of our favorite comfort foods: A perennial favorite, banana bread is a great treat that isn’t too sweet, making it perfect for everything from breakfast to snacking to dessert. Chicken thighs and a flavorful risotto are cooked together in an instant pot® for this flavorful weeknight meal. In fact, when it comes to the popular summer squash, the trickiest thing about it is spelling its name correctly. They’re low fat and full of nutritious ingredients. The spruce / diana rattray if you like tender, juicy rotisserie chicken, you won’t be. Make it a meal with the optional gravy or use it in sandwiches or casseroles. While it’s great to cook and eat the things you and your family love, almost nothing makes weeknights brighter than getting cr. Grilling meat reduces the fat because it drips out while you cook. Add new and healthy dishes to the weekly menu with these simple instant pot recipes.
Recommended Reading: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Helpful Tips Tricks & Equipment
- Always follow the manufacturer instructions for your particular pressure cooker. Safety first!
- I’ve found it handy to keep an extra inner cooking pot on hand for when I want to batch cook in my IP without having to clean the insert over and over again…particularly since I like throwing my Instant Pot parts in the dishwasher to get them nice and clean.
- If you prefer using bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, you will probably want to crisp the skin as a first step . You can brown the thighs in a tablespoon or two of oil for 1-2 minutes per side before proceeding with the recipe. After browning, just be sure to scrape all of the dark bits from the bottom of the pot before adding back the chicken and sauce. Otherwise, the Instant Pot may give you a burn warning after it’s sealed.
The next time you’re in pinch come the 5 o’clock hour, I do hope you’ll give this Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken a whirl! I think you’ll find it to be a quick, easy, savory-sweet winner of a chicken dinner. Enjoy!
How Do You Make Instant Pot Chicken Breast And Gravy
Are you ready for the easiest Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy recipe ever? Get all your ingredients out and your pressure cooker and get to it.
The first thing you do is hit the Saute function of the pot. Drizzle chicken with a tablespoon of olive oil and give it a good rub all over. Then, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and Italian seasoning to the chicken, making sure to coat it all over as well.
Next, drizzle another tablespoon of olive oil to the inside pan liner of your Instant Pot and use a spatula to spread the oil along the bottom so its coated evenly. Add the chicken and brown for 1-2 minutes on each side. Take the chicken back out and pour in 1 cup of the broth. Then, return the chicken to the bottom of the pot.
Also Check: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn