I Cant Wait For You To Try This Instant Pot Bbq Pork Chops Recipe
Try it and come back and leave a comment and let us know what you loved. The possibilities are endless for side dishes and ways to mix this up!
The instant pot takes the work out of so many recipes and comes together so quickly. When I first bought my instant pot, I wondered how tender the meat would be. I was accustomed to using my slow cooker for everything.
I was pleasantly surprised at how tender and delicious everything turns out! Give it a try and I just know you will love it as much as we did.
How To Make Pork Chops In The Instant Pot
- Season the chops. Rub with a mixture of brown sugar, paprika, onion powder and salt & pepper.
Brown the chops.
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE and add butter.
- Once melted, sear the pork chops, about 2-3 minutes on each side. If working with a smaller Instant Pot, you may need to work in batches so you dont overcrowd the pot.
- Remove pork chops and set aside on a plate.
- Deglaze the pot. Add chicken stock and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. This is important so that you dont get a burn notice when cooking in the Instant Pot.
- Cook. Return pork chops to pot. Place lid on pot and set vent to seal. Cook on MANUAL high pressure for 8 minutes. When done, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Remove pork chops to a plate.
- Make the Gravy. Whisk together cornstarch and water. Add to juices in pot and using the SAUTE function, cook, whisking constantly, until the gravy thickens.
How Do You Make Pork Chops Tender
How to Make Tender Pork Chops Opt for Thick-Cut Bone-In Pork Chops. Thin-cut pork chops wont sear properly in the time it takes to cook them through. Skip the Brine, but Season Liberally. Let the Pork Chops Rest. Sear Pork Chops Over Medium-High Heat. Baste the Pork Chops. Let the Pork Chops Rest, Again. Serve.
Read Also: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Is It Possible To Cook Frozen Meat In The Oven
Finally, Meatsafety.org states, It is safe to cook frozen meat or poultry in the oven, on the stove, or on the grill without first defrosting it the cooking time may be approximately 50% longer. In a slow cooker, do not cook frozen meat or poultry products. So youve been given the go-ahead to take off. Start preparing the food and freezing it.
How To Brown Pork Chops In The Instant Pot
You want to make sure all of the pork chops are browned. If you do not want to brown the pork chops, it is optional. However, I think they look prettier and taste better if you brown them first.
Once you have browned the pork chops, stop the saute setting by hitting cancel.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Spaghetti In Instant Pot
You May Like: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
How To Make Instant Pot Pork Chops
Chefs Tip: Remove the trivet with your mitts and keep your pork chops warming in the Instant Pot until ready to serve. No need to dirty an extra dish, am I right?!?!
How To Cook Frozen Pork Chops In Crock Pot
Now, if you have a lot of time in your hands to do some extra preparation, cooking using a crockpot will help you produce a delicious meal. Season the pork chops as you usually would. If you decide to use frozen meat, make sure to keep the crockpot in the lowest heat setting and wait for a few hours. Take note that cooking frozen pork chops in crockpots can take longer. However, cook time will depend on how big your pork chops are, regardless of it was frozen or not.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Steam Tamales In Instant Pot
Wine Pairings For Pork Chops:
- Pork pairs awesomely with Pinot Noir. Its a light bodied red that doesnt overpower the flavors and the bright acidity is a nice match for the slight fattiness in the pork.
- Rose is another great match for these pork chops. Its bright acidity pairs so well with the brown sugar rub on these pork chops.
If you loved this Instant Pot Pork Chop recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on,, and.
Pork Chops Instant Pot
A few months ago, I saw a photo on Instagram of pork chops smothered in gravy and that gave me an idea.
Why not make pork chops in the Instant Pot? Since the Instant Pot uses pressure and seam to cook foods, it would be the perfect way to cook any type of pork chop without getting dry pork chops.
After trying several variations of the perfect, creamy sauce, these Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops were born.
Also Check: Are Instant Pot Lids Dishwasher Safe
What Is Natural Release
Allowing your Instant Pot to natural release simply means that you shut the Instant Pot off and dont do anything else for ten minutes so that it can naturally release pressure.
It is important to allow it to naturally release when you are cooking any type of meat because it allows the meat to rest and the pressure to begin releasing. This helps lock the juices into the meat. If you skip the natural release your meat will likely be very dry.
Serving Smothered Pork Chops
Id love to serve these pork chops on a platter smothered with their golden onion gravy, but I have a 6-year-old who is in an onion-hating season, so she gets a plain chop while the rest of use get individual pork chops with plenty of gravy. But thats the real gift of these chops even if you choose to skip the onion gravy on a serving, the chops will still be fork-tender and oh-so juicy.
Read Also: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
Frozen pork tenderloin in the Instant Potis what we usually cook when we have limited time. It is convenient, easy, and in many ways a healthier alternative to pan-frying the meat. Simply take the frozen tenderloin, put it in the pressure cooker with some chicken broth and seasoning, and you have the best and quickest dinner at your disposal.
How many times did it happen to you to plan a delicious dinner, and only to realize that you forgot to thaw the meat?! This is the scenario that usually leads to either eating cereal after work or ordering delivery. However, with the help of Instant Pot, you wont have this problem again. In this post, I will share with you how to cook frozen pork tenderloin in the pressure cooker with delicious Honey Garlic sauce.
Tips For Making The Best Instant Pot Pork Chop Recipe
- You can cook your pork chops in the instant pot together with your favorite vegetables such as mushroom, potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Both bone-in and boneless pork chops work well with this recipe. In the picture, you can see that bone-in pork chops are cooked nicely in the pressure cooker, but you can use pork loin too.
- Swap honey garlic sauce for your favorite pork chop sauce such as ranch or bbq sauce. I love instant pot ranch pork chops and instant pot bbq pork chops.
MORE PORK CHOP RECIPES YOULL LOVE
You May Like: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
How To Cook Frozen Pork Tenderloin In Instant Pot
For a quick guideline, please watch the short video tutorial attached above. But the general steps are as follows:
How To Serve Instant Pot Pork Chops
These pork chops turn out very tender and ready to eat. You can set them directly on the plate and eat them as is. Theyre lightly seasoned, so they go with everything.
If you happen to have any left overs, you can freeze them to be reheated later. Cooked pork chops will freeze well for at least a month and can be taken out and reheated in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes, or reheated in the microwave.
Also Check: Convert Instant Pot Recipe To Slow Cooker
How Do You Defrost Pork Chops Quickly
If you need to thaw your pork chops, whether you want to cut them down into pieces first or you want to brown them, it is easy to thaw pork chops. I dont like to thaw my meat in the microwave. I find that parts of it are always starting to cook and it just takes away from the meal. To thaw pork chops you have a few options. First is to remember to take them out the night before and leave them in the refrigerator. The second option is the microwave, which as I said, I dont like. The third option is the best in my opinion because like I said, I never remember to take something out in time.
- Step one- You want to clear the sink and run the hottest water you can.
- Step two Fill the sink with the hottest water you can, just enough to cover the pork chops.
- Step 3 Put the frozen pork chops, still wrapped in the hot water to defrost. How long depends on how thick the pork chops are.
Once they are thawed, you can proceed to make the pork chops in the Instant Pot. However, you can cook frozen pork chops in the Instant Pot.
Is It Possible To Make Pink Pork Chops
Pork with a hint of pink is just right. The USDA has finally given the green light to a juicy pork chop with some pink in the center. Previously, the FDA advised that pork be cooked to 165°F, the same temperature as poultry. The 145-degree mark has long been a standard for experienced cooks.
The how to cook frozen pork chops in air fryer is a question that has been asked by many people. This article will provide a solution for how to cook frozen pork chops in an air fryer.
Recommended Reading: Reheating Tamales In Crock Pot
Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
Thank you for sharing!
How many times have you wondered what to make for dinner at the last minute? Well, this Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops recipe is the solution to that dilemma. These deliciously creamy pork chops are so good that youll keep pork chops in freezer just for moments like that! And, yes you can use frozen pork chops for this Instant Pot recipe. Even better is that these sour cream pork chops taste great with any kind cut of pork chops. So, whats stopping you? Lets make some tasty Instant Pot Pork Chops.
Growing up, we didnt eat much pork. Our meals were simple: a protein like chicken or beef, fresh vegetables, and a starch like rice or bread.
And, when I say simple, I mean plain we didnt have gravy or creamy sauces, breaded foods, fried foods, or even mashed potatoes. To me, we ate like most Californians in the 1970s.
Then I met my husband. He grew up in Michigan, where apparently nothing is served plain or simple.
So, I will never forget the time I served my husband pasta with marinara sauce. No biggie, right? Well, it didnt have meat
He asked me very nicely to never make spaghetti without meat again. And, I never have.
Getting back to pork chops, though, as a newlywed I didnt really know how to cook pork chops. But, my husband loves pork chops.
Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops Recipe
Have you ever made pressure cooker boneless pork chops before? This easy Instant pot Pork chops recipe will surprise you with flavor.
Im very excited to share with you this easy electric pressure cooker recipe. You will have this Instant pot Boneless Pork chops recipe ready in under 15 minutes!
Sure, this is a simple recipe with very few ingredients, but it is packed with flavor. I think you will be surprised how delicious this really is. We spooned the buttery sauce over the pork chops and the kids were practically licking their plates clean.
If you want to make this a one pot meal you can easily add in some diced red potatoes and some carrots. One pot, one mess, and dinner is done.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Says Burn What To Do
How Do I Cook Pork Chops In The Instant Pot
Typically, it is best to use a recipe so you know how best to season your pork chops. However, if you want to season them the way you want, you just need to know how to cook them and how much liquid to add.
- Sauté your chops: First, you will want to put a little oil or butter in your inner pot. Then, sear your chops on both sides using the sauté function .
- Add your Liquid: You will use at least a cup of liquid. I always add 2 cups to everything I cook. And, I always use beef broth as it gives the chops more flavor and makes them juicier. However, you can use water or broth.
- Pressure cook: Secure your lid. Put your vent in the sealing position. Then, set your pressure cooker on manual for 10-minutes.
- Natural Release: Once your pot beeps that it is done, you will want to let it sit for at least 10-minutes. I like to leave mine for 15 just to make sure they are super tender. Once you have waited 10 to 15 minutes, you can push your vent to the venting position to release the rest of the pressure.
Thats it! Super easy! My basic Instant Pot pork chop recipe can be found HERE. I got into more detail and share step-by-step photos.
Which Model Of Instant Pot Is Best
I never knew how many models of instant pots that there are. I just thought you could buy a small or large one. There are too many to list here, but you need one that is easy to use and has basic settings.
You dont usually need one that makes cakes, yogurt, etc, especially if you have never even used an instant pot before. Some have wifi settings, that can be helpful but if the pot is too complicated you may not use it. Plus the more features the larger the price tag, which may be something to consider.
There are several sizes, from the mini which is 3-quart, 6-quart is a common size, 8 or 10-quart are larger. The size of your family may be a deciding factor in which instant pot you buy. The prices vary from $60 to $200.
Read Also: Cook Tamales In Instant Pot