Tips For Making The Best Beef Stroganoff
- If you really want to use strips of beef , you needll a good cut. Something like: boneless rib eye, beef tenderloin, or sirloin steak tips. Be sure to sear it quickly before adding the rest of your ingredients.
- Do you live an alcohol free life? In that case just add extra broth in place of the white wine.
- Want a little tang in your dish? Add some Dijon mustard at the end to kick things up a notch or two.
Finish Sauce With Greek Yogurt
Finally, we bring it all together with some Greek Yogurt to create a thick, rich and savory sauce. You want to be sure to use a full-fat Greek yogurt. This will prevent it from curdling. Greek yogurt provides the same creaminess of sour cream, with an additional tangy flavor that really brings the sauce to life.
Have Your Way With Ground Beef Through These Recipes
All of these recipes promise tender, browned beef in the final result. No matter which recipe you choose, the instant pots pressure will ensure your meat is well cooked along with rice, potatoes, and other ingredients.
Which one is your favorite recipe? Share your choice and this article with other instant pot owners, and you may even invent new tips to achieve incomparable results. Have fun making the best of your instant pot!
Intro: Looking for new instant pot ground beef recipes? Discover this list, and you will be surprised how many dishes you can make with the pot.
Total time: 31 minutes
Read Also: When To Use Steam Rack In Instant Pot
How To Serve Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff is traditionally served on egg noodles, but it pairs so well with almost any starch base. Whether it be mashed potatoes, pasta of any shape, or rice, this dish lends itself perfectly to nearly any starch. If you have all of the other ingredients on hands and dont particularly feel like going out and picking up some noodles, that is perfectly fine! youll be more than happy with how this dish turns out.
Instant Pot Korean Beef
Total time: 35 minutes
Beef in Korean cuisine has a different flavor than in Western cuisine. Korean-style beef is quite plain and sweeter, giving room for a sauce to complete the flavor. In this recipe, however, you will cook the beef in the sauce.
It would be better to make this dish with Korean beef. It has more sweetness and is highly marbled though it costs a lot more. So, go for regular ground beef if you seek a budget choice the texture may not be the same, but the flavor remains intact.
You May Like: How To Cook Turkey In An Instant Pot
Best Cut Of Meat For Stroganoff
What is the best meat for beef stroganoff? We tested this recipe with a few different cuts of meat before we landed on a 2-lb. beef chuck roast. We found that cooking the whole chuck roast in the Instant Pot before shredding made for the most tender meat option.
One of the main benefits of the Instant Pot, is that you can pressure cook tougher cuts of meat , and make them super tender and fall-off-the-bone.
Cant find a chuck roast? Try a chuck shoulder or any other recommendations from the Kitchns post HERE.
Creamy Beef Taco Soup
Total time: 30 minutes
This beef taco soup is not only delicious but also a great choice for people who want to lower the carb in their diet. The recipe doesnt use any high-carb ingredients like flour or potatoes. So, you can happily finish a big bowl without worrying youll gain much weight.
If you want to enhance this dish and make sure it pleases your appetite, use freshly grated cheese. Pre-grated cheese doesnt melt as well and wont result in a good texture for your soup.
Plus, you can add a tiny amount of cayenne pepper or hot sauce to boost the flavor and make it a little spicy. If you dont like spicy foods, just ignore this tip.
Last but not least, make necessary replacements based on your preference. Dont substitute the onions, but you can freely use other veggies like zucchini, squash, and cauliflower.
Read Also: What Does Burn Food Mean On Instant Pot
Tips For Making A Successful Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff:
- Dont overcook the meat, or it will become tough. Just barely sear it on all sides.
- Add a small spoonful of the heated beef sauce/gravy to the sour cream. Stir it to combine. Continue adding small amounts, a little at a time, to bring the sour cream up to the same temperature as the sauce. This is called tempering. It will keep the fats in the sour cream from separating and breaking.
- Make sure to deglaze the pan well otherwise, you may get a burn warning. See #5 above for detailed information on deglazing.
If you like this Instant Pot Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on , , and searching for Berlys Kitchen!
Easy Steps And Ingredients
You can literally throw this together and have it on the table in under an hour. We start with 1 ½lbs. of stew meat. Most supermarkets sell beef stew meat which is already cut and is a great time saver. If you choose to cut the meat yourself, use a good cut of sirloin and cut into chunks of about 1 to 1 ½ inches. The mushrooms are the next star ingredient and nothing beats baby bella mushrooms. They have such a savory flavor and lend the perfect taste and texture to our beef stroganoff recipe. Some chopped red onion and a couple of cloves of garlic round out the main ingredients. Once everything is sauteed, we deglaze the bottom of the pot with a little broth. This step is essential and is loaded with awesome flavors which become a big part of the flavor profile.
Read Also: How Long To Cook Boston Butt In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Beef Congee
Total time: 45 minutes
Congee is a popular dish in Asian countries like China and Korea. This comforting dish is especially helpful and easy to digest when you are under the weather, suffering a cold or flu. Its also versatile because you can add any type of meat or veggie you like.
However, making congee with regular pots often takes a few hours. Meanwhile, an instant pot can get it done in 45 minutes. In this recipe, you will make congee in Korean style with ground beef, sesame oil, chicken broth, zucchini, and carrots.
My only note for this dish and congee, in general, is that you should only make an amount enough for one or two meals. This dish will lose texture when you leave it outside for long, even if you reheat it.
How To Make Stroganoff With Ground Beef
Read Also: How To Cook Frozen Beef In Instant Pot
Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
This easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe results in the most tender beef in a creamy, saucy gravy. Made with stew meat or chuck roast, egg noodles, and sour cream, this dish has all the classic flavors that you expect! Its the best no-fuss comfort food there is!
Is there anything better on a cold winter night than a cozy bowl of beef stroganoff? There are a lot of great comfort food recipes out there like this Instant Pot Mac and Cheese or this Instant Pot French Onion Soup. But Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is one of the best, and easiest, there is.
Tender beef cubes. A rich, creamy gravy. A sprinkling of parsley to brighten everything up. And egg noodles that cook right in the Instant Pot. Both irresistibly easy and delicious!
My secret to making this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff extra delicious is by spiking it with brandy and red wine. Of course, I always have red wine on hand, and we seem to have a bottle of brandy in the cupboard that lives in there indefinitely. But if you dont have red wine or brandy on hand, you can definitely swap it out Use all red wine . Or use sherry in place of the red wine and brandy.
Tips To Store And Reheat
- To Store. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat. Reheat gently in the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of water, milk, or broth to keep them from drying out.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff: me, hugging you though the screen, in dinner cozy, creamy dinner form.
It might even be better than an actual hug, because pasta is involved!
Recommended Reading: Can You Bake Potatoes In An Instant Pot
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Tips And Variations
Savory, filling and delicious, this is will hit the spot any night of the week!
- Beef: I used stew meat in this recipebecause the instant pot helps it become tender and juicy. You can also use chuck roast cut up into bite-sized pieces. Ground beef can also be used successfully. Cook the ground beef till no longer pink and drain off the grease. Remove from the instant pot and then saute the vegetables as therecipe directs.
- Mushrooms: Not everyone is a fan of mushrooms, you can either leave them out or substitute them for zucchini or beans.
- Noodles: You will need enough liquid to just cover the dry noodles before cooking them. If you need more liquid add more beef broth to just cover.
- Thicken: If your stroganoff is too liquidy, after cooking turn on the saute feature and boil off any extra liquid.
- Sour Cream: Using full or low-fat sour cream work best, non-fat does not provide the creaminess and can end up looking separated.
- Storage: This can be kept in a tightly covered airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove top. I do not recommend freezing as the dairy will separate and it will not warm up well.
Beef Stroganoff Instant Pot Faqs
If I Dont Have Stew Meat, What Else Can I Use?
If youre looking for an alternative cut of meat, chuck roast is a great option! You can slice or cube it before cooking like you would the stew meat. Ground beef is another option if youre on a budget or need to use up whats left in the freezer.
Can I Make This Recipe Vegetarian?
You sure can. Leave out the beef and beef broth. Double up on your mushrooms and maybe add in a few extra veggies of choice . Dont forget to swap the beef broth for vegetable broth and there you have it! While it isnt made in the Instant Pot, you can check out my recipe for easy stovetop Mushroom Stroganoff for a more detailed vegetarian version!
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
You sure can! Let cool and then transfer to a freezer safe, airtight container. Let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating. To reheat beef stroganoff, pop it in the microwave or on the stovetop over low heat and heat until warmed through.
Don’t Miss: How To Naturally Release Pressure Instant Pot
Instant Pot Porcupine Meatballs
Total time: 40 minutes
Porcupine meatballs got the name from their appearance. The rice grains poke out from the ground beef, creating a prickly look that resembles the porcupine animal in real life. If not cooked in an instant pot, this dish may take an hour and a half to make.
These meatballs go well with steamed veggies, such as a mix of peas, corn, and carrots. On the other hand, you can serve them with riced cauliflower or a side salad. Since these meatballs have rice, eating them with veggies makes more sense than with rice.
Best Damn Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
Beef stroganoff is a classic favorite and making it in your Instant Pot has never been easier. With tender chunks of beef, fresh mushrooms, egg noodles and a rich, savory sauce, this recipe is the ultimate in comfort food that youre sure to love.
Beef Stroganoff actually originates as a Russian recipe from the 1800s. Over the years, its been adopted by many cultures and has undergone several variations. Today in America, its considered a classic recipe thats been served for generations.
Read Also: How To Cook Broccoli In Instant Pot
I Have The Burn Message What Can I Try Next Time
I use a 6 quart Instant Pot and I have never had this happen. With that being said others have commented with some tips on how to avoid getting the burn message because the newer Instant Pots seems to get these more often. Once again I have NOT tested these!
- To avoid the burn message add the pasta and seasoning to the meat, then the broth with the soup on top. Push down any noodles that are not covered, but do NOT stir the mixture.
- After sauteing the beef add a little bit of your broth to the pan and deglaze the pan.
- Try adding the flour after cooking the hamburger. One reader recommended adding it on top of cream of mushroom soup. Her notes are listed below!
- Browned meat, onion & garlic
- THEN put cream of mushroom soup ON TOP of noodles
- THEN flour ON TOP of cream of mushroom soup.
What Goes Great With Instant Pot Stroganoff
This is such a great dish as it has both the starch and protein combined together. All you need are vegetables, some fruit and if you are my kids, theyd say more carbs. I always like to add side dishes that add color and complete the meal. It is a hearty, soul-satisfying meal that will be perfect any night of the year!
Read Also: How To Water Bath Can In Instant Pot
Frequently Asked Questions & Expert Tips
How do I store leftovers?
Store any leftover salmon in an air-tight container kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Can I use frozen salmon?
Yes, you can use frozen salmon. However, I dont typically recommend frozen salmon as you cant necessarily season frozen foods without it all sliding off as it cooks. Its best to allow the filets to thaw before pressure cooking. If this doesnt bother you, then feel free to add an extra 2 minutes to the cook time for frozen filets.
Why I Love This Recipe
I love this easy beef stroganoff recipe for so many reasons!
- Its just such a breeze to make. Its comfort food made quick and easy without sacrificing taste. We love a one pot meal in this house and this instant pot stroganoff is a family favorite!
- You can cater it to your tastes. You can customize this recipe and add in extra veggies like onions or peas. Play with the flavor profile by switching out the type of mustard and vinegar used. Or even add in some Worcestershire sauce for an added dash of flavor! From Instant Pot to table in 25 minutes, this comfort food will have you full and cozy all winter long.
- The kids love the creamy sauce! Its such a nice change of pace from typical pasta dishes.
You May Like: How Do You Use The Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
More Instant Pot Recipes To Love
Instant Pots are an invention that has made home cooks into magicians. Yes, pressure cookers have existed for a very long time, but now they are user-friendly, and the worry of exploding food has been greatly reduced. I still remember helping my mom cook with hers and we had to watch it like a hawk to make sure the pressure stayed between a certain place and adjust the heat on the stove accordingly. Now we press a button and walk away and come back to amazing food! Try these tried and true recipes for impeccable results.
Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
Total time: 30 minutes
Do you often feel guilty about consuming too much red meat? If you do, these stuffed bell peppers will help you see off that feeling. Each bite is full of beef and cheese but provides greens like bell peppers and tomatoes.
This meaty treat offers a simple, quick way to make dinner for busy weeknights. This is another reason why I include its recipe in this list. Im sure it will prove useful for everyone at certain times when you have half an hour to prepare dinner.
On top of that, you can prepare these peppers beforehand, freeze them, and take them out to cook whenever you want.
You can make Stuffed Bell Peppers without sauteing beef first by following this instruction.
Read Also: Can You Cook Frozen Meat In An Instant Pot