How To Make Tri Tip In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken Wings Times & Instructions:
- Fill the inner pot of your Instant Pot with 1-1.5 cups of water and a drop of liquid smoke .
- You can add sauce now or later, but if you want to add a BBQ sauce or a hot sauce to the wings in addition to seasoning, do so before placing them into the pot.
- Add 2-4 lbs. of frozen, seasoned chicken wings. For 2 lbs. or less, you can just use 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook manually on HIGH for 10 minutes for fresh and 15 minutes for frozen.
- Remove the chicken wings, baste and/or season with your favourite dry rub or sauce, and broil in the oven for 7 minutes or so on each side until crispy.
- Remove the chicken wings, baste, and/or season with your favourite dry rub or sauce, and broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes until crispy.
We hope you enjoyed this 101 guide to cooking meat in your Instant Pot. If you found our guide helpful, we hope youll share our tips and tricks. Make sure to bookmark this one for all your carnivorous cooking needs. Bon Appetit!
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- This method results in a meat that is cooked medium through. If you want your meat to be cooked medium-rare instead of medium, reduce the cook time to 20 minutes. If you prefer your meat to be medium-well instead of just medium, then increase the cook time to 30 minutes.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
Don’t Miss: Frozen Meatballs Instant Pot
Instant Pot Diced Meat Times & Instructions:
- Preheat oil with the Saute function and season your stewing meat liberally with salt and other spices if desired.
- Cook with 1-1.5 cups of liquid for 20 minutes per pound of meat .
- Finish up with a quick release of pressure.
Short Ribs In Instant Pot
Short ribs are an absolutely delicious meal. Theyre often served in Asian-style cuisines with sticky, delicious sauces. They contain a lot of meat and a lot of fat which means they require longer cooking times for the fat to really marble well, creating a fall-off-the-bone, tender, juicy bite. With the Instant Pot, you can braise these babies in record time.
Read Also: What To Do When Instant Pot Says Food Burn
Whats The Difference Between A Tri
While all of these cuts are delicious, they have their differences. A tri-tip is part of the sirloin, near the bottom by the hip. However, a brisket is a giant cut, ranging in size from 12-20 pounds, from the breast area. Most people know it and love it, but its an enormous cut with a looser grain and much more marbling.
In contrast, flank steak comes from the lower abdomen. Although its very lean it isnt as tender as tri-tip, so it benefits from marinating and shouldnt be overcooked.
How To Cook Tri
The directions are similar for cooking tri-tip in an Instant Pot, an electric pressure cooker, a multi-cooker such as the Ninja Foodi, and a stove-top pressure cooker.
Searing the Meat
Not all Electric Pressure Cookers have a saute function that allows you to brown the roast. If your pressure cooker doesnt allow you to sear the meat first, you can do it in a frying pan or you can skip that step. Your tri-tip will still be tender even if you dont brown it first.
Use the Rack
No matter which appliance you are using, you should place the rack that came with your pot on the bottom of the pot before cooking under high pressure, then place the tri-tip on it, so the roast sits on the rack or trivet instead of directly on the bottom of the pot.
How Much Liquid Do I Add?
When cooking Tri-Tip in an Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker, add 1 cup of beef broth. When cooking Tri-Tip in a stovetop Pressure Cooker add 2 cups of beef broth because stovetop pressure cookers release more steam than Instant Pots and Electric Pressure Cookers.
Use the Quick Release Method when done the meat is done cooking.
For an Instant Pot, an Electric Pressure Cooker, or a multicooker like the Ninja Foodi you will carefully move the release valve from sealed to release. I recommend using a potholder on your hand when you move the release valve because the steam is very hot.
Read Also: Frozen Pork Loin In Instant Pot
How Can I Tenderize Meat Quickly
8 Simple Ways to Make Tough Meat Tender Physically tenderize the meat. For tough cuts like chuck steak, a meat mallet can be a surprisingly effective way to break down those tough muscle fibers. Use a marinade. Dont forget the salt. Let it come up to room temperature. Cook it low-and-slow. Hit the right internal temperature. Rest your meat. Slice against the grain.
Instant Pot Ham Times & Instructions:
- Place liquid in the pot. For ham, you may want to use a combination of pineapple/pineapple juice, orange juice, etc. This will depend on the recipe you choose to follow, but water will work to cook it through as well.
- Place your ham in the pot, fat side up. You can cut the ham if it wont fit. The 8-quart pot works best for a large bone-in ham, naturally. Use your best judgment here as it might not be a good fit!
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes and follow up with a 10-minute natural release before performing a quick release.
- Depending on the liquid you used to cook, you may be able to reduce it to a glaze.
- Optional: Finish off in the oven with a broil using the glaze from the pot.
Try this recipe: Instant Pot bone-in ham from Simply Happy Foodie
Read Also: Cook Artichokes In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Pork Belly Times & Instructions:
- Preheat some oil in the inner pot on saute mode and get ready to add the pork belly. Slice the pork belly thin. This step renders the fat and helps to perfect the flavour, so its technically optional but also optimal.
- Add one cup of water and aromatics if youd like. Pork belly is often served as an Asian dish with soup or noodles. Ideas include sliced ginger, scallion or green onion, fresh garlic, chillies, and whole spices.
- Cook at high pressure for 35 minutes, then finish up with a natural release of the pressure.
Try this recipe: Pressure cooker pork belly from Just One Cookbook
Instant Pot Pork Chops Times & Instructions:
- Preheat oil in the inner pot on saute and get the surface hot. Season pork chops as desired and sear on either side for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sauces, vegetables, and/or fruit to the pot for a full meal. Here, things like BBQ sauce, potatoes, or apples would work really well. Dont cook with delicate/green veggies.
- Cook on high pressure with at least 1 cup of water for 10 minutes .
- Finish up with a quick release of pressure.
Also Check: Ninja Foodi Tamales
How To Serve This
Ok so now that you have this wonderful, tender meat.what do with it? Pretty much whatever you want! You can obviously use it for lettuce wraps, enchilada or burrito fillings, but its also good for salads, casseroles, and even for breakfast with some eggs.
PIN FOR LATER
How Do You Cook Costco Tri Tip
I personally dont think it matters where you buy it, use your favorite method when it comes to cooking it. Many prefer the good ol oven, where as we use our Instant pot and have made air fryer tri tip too.
Next up will be smoked tri tip.
Cooked properly and for the right length of time its a great cut. Give it a whirl and let us know what you think!
Read Also: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
How Is Tri Tip Supposed To Be Cooked
On stovetop, heat on high until pan is very hot, then add tri tip, fat side down. Turn heat to medium-high and sear roast for about 4 minutes. Turn the roast and put it in the oven. Cook it for about 10 minutes a pound, checking with an instant-read thermometer until it reaches 130 degrees for medium-rare.
What Do You Use Tri
Tri-tip is the cut of beef from the bottom sirloin and gets its name from its triangular shape. Its also referred to as a triangular sirloin roast, a culotte roast, or a California Cut.
A tri-tip roast is a leaner, healthier red meat option that also happens to be budget-friendly. However, its still tender and tasty! Youll often see tri-tip roasted or grilled, and its often marinated first since it lacks the fat that contributes to flavor.
You May Like: How To Cook Ground Turkey In Instant Pot
Includes 2 Dry Rub Mix Recipes & Gravy Recipe
How to cook tri tip in an instant pot. Add onions, bell pepper, and diced green chiles. Create a rub for the tri tip. Remove roast, add broth and scrape any bits off the bottom.
If you dont have a trivet, just place tri tip on top of potatoes. Place trivet and crisplid basket into instant pot or pressure cooker. This will only take 3 or 4 minutes.
Place crisplid over cooking pot. Reduce temperature to 330 degrees and cook for 10 minutes, flipping over after 5 minutes. Set the timer on manual for 29 minutes for well.
Pour half of dry rub on top and rub with hands to cover all areas. Brown the roast to your color of preference. Once hot add oil to the pot.
What you need to make instant pot beef tips. Do not try to thicken the sauce before cooking. Deglaze the inner pot with beef or chicken stock.
It cooks up tasty and tender with a marinade. Add the roast on top, centering it in the middle, right on top of the onions. Place in the fridge for at least 8 hours but ideally 24 hours.
Don’t clean out the pan. This one combines garlic powder and trader joes bbq rub. Flip meat over allowing excess to fall off and pour remaining rub on the other side.
Mix the spices together and rub it all over the meat. You can let the roast sit overnight if you have the time, or you can start cooking immediately. Remove from the pressure cooker.
Trim the fat off your tip roast if you like, we do. Sirloin beef olive oil Turn on the ip and select sauté.
Perfect Sous Vide TriTip Steak http//ift.tt
Should You Tenderize Tri Tip
Since it has very low fat content you wont have that for added flavor but the meat itself has a lot! You wouldnt want to tenderize it like cubed steak but if you wanted to use a for a few hours you could. We used a dry rub instead for added flavor.
I choose to trim the fat layer before coating and cooking, but that part is totally up to you. Some would never do such a thing. Either way I d
Don’t Miss: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Pour Olive Oil Into Instant Pot And Set To Saute Function
How to cook frozen sirloin tip roast in instant pot. You don’t need a lot, but enough to sear and stick. Mix together the water and beef bouillon. You can cook your frozen roast right in the instant.
How to cook a roast in the instant pot tips & tricks. Let heat for a minute and then add half stick of butter. You can let the roast sit overnight if you have the time, or you can start cooking immediately.
Place the metal trivet in the bottom of the instant pot, and place the frozen roast on top of the trivet. Seal the roast in a leakproof plastic bag and submerge it in a large pot of cold water. Place them in a steamer basket for the instant pot or they can be placed around the meat before putting the lid on.
Mix the spices together and rub it all over the meat. The best way to cook your frozen roast just follows the method you will get the best taste for your recipe. Expel the packed potatoes from the instant pot and toss to cover the potatoes in the butter and seasonings.
This can be done in two batches to not overcrowd the pot. Kiss gluten goodbyeinstant pot recipes. Season the roast with salt, pepper, garlic and parsley after it’s thawed.
How to make instant pot sirloin roast with mashed potatoes: Add in the onion and saute about 1 minute. The roast, mashed potatoes, carrots and gravy are all cooked in the instant pot.
Place all other ingredients except the butter into the instant pot. Press the button and set it to high pressure for 20 minutes. Add tip roast to the pot.
Why This Is One Of My Favorite Instat Pot Recipes:
This Tri-tip is one of my favorite pressure cooker recipes because it is easy to make and tastes delicious. If you make the additional gravy from the sauteed veggies it is the perfect comfort food. You can whip up hot beef sandwiches in less than 40 minutes! Or mashed potatoes and gravy with delicious medium-rare beef in that time frame too! I love meals that are cooked in less than an hour!
You May Like: How To Steam Tamales In A Crockpot
Instant Pot Pork Ribs Times & Instructions:
- Assemble your rack of ribs so that you can fit it in the Instant Pot. Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Season the ribs to your liking. You will add desired sauce after cooking, so focus on your dry rub or a simple blend of salt and pepper for now.
- Place the trivet into the pot along with a cup of water. Now, place the ribs in.
- For tougher, chewier ribs: Cook on high pressure for 17-20 minutes, and finish with a full natural release.
- For tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs: Cook on high pressure for 21-25 minutes, and finish with a full natural release.
- Finish off ribs with your favourite store-bought or homemade BBQ sauce in the oven. Broil on low with a coat of the sauce for 15-20 minutes.
If Its Raining Outside Use Your Air Fryer Or Mealthy Crisplid On Your Instant Pot Mealthy Multipot Or Pressure Cooker
How to cook tri tip in instant pot. How to make the most delicious teriyaki tri tip: Next add the cream of mushroom on top. Includes 2 dry rub mix recipes & gravy recipe.
1 pkg crimini or portobello mushrooms. Heat the air fryer for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees so it is piping hot. Add onions, bell pepper, and diced green chiles.
If thats you, heres how to do it: Return the beef tips back into the instant pot. Use the manual setting on.
Create a rub for the tri tip. Turn the roast and put it in the oven. Remove from the pressure cooker.
Saved by alea milham | premeditated leftovers. This one combines garlic powder and trader joes bbq rub. Lift meat up and allow excess to fall off before placing it on the grill, smoker, dutch oven, or instant pot to cook.
Then pat dry with a paper towel and lay on a cutting board. Flip meat over allowing excess to fall off and pour remaining rub on the other side. Put a couple of tablespoons of butter in a skillet.
It cooks up tasty and tender with a marinade. Place all other ingredients except the butter into the instant pot. Add all marinade ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Set pressure cooker to saute. Place in the fridge for at least 8 hours but ideally 24 hours. Trim the fat off your tip roast if you like, we do.
Rub the entire exterior with the seasoning mixture. Deglaze the inner pot with beef or chicken stock. Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes, then let the instant pot release.
Rub in and on sides as well.
Recommended Reading: Can The Instant Pot Go In The Dishwasher