How Does A Pressure Cooker Work
Pressure Cookers work by cooking the food inside of the pot under high heat and pressure. If you’re wondering the science behind how the food cooks, take a look at my post about the Maillard Reaction. It explains how and why this method of cooking works.
Think an Instant Pot is what your kitchen is missing? Check out how to choose the right Instant Pot to help you make a decision on which one to buy.
Air Fryer Potato Chips
These four-ingredient potato chips are insanely easy to make with your air fryer, and theyre less greasy than bagged potato chips and crispier than oven-baked ones.
All youll really need to make them are potatoes, water, salt, and olive oil, but I like to season mine with garlic salt, crushed red pepper, chives, and dried parsley.
The great thing about homemade potato chips, though, is that you can make them precisely how you want them to be.
These chicken fingers are tender and juicy on the inside and perfectly crispy and well-seasoned on the outside.
Theyre a little bit garlic-y, a little bit smoky, and a whole lot of good.
Of course, you could always bake them in the oven, but they cook a bit faster and get less greasy in the air fryer.
Im torn on this recipe because I swear by my phenomenal garlic-parmesan Brussels sprouts. Theyre the only way I really enjoy Brussels sprouts.
However, cooking sprouts in the air fryer is so much more convenient.
It doesnt get much easier than tossing around your sprouts in some olive oil and pancetta before dumping them in the basket.
Let them cook for about 9 minutes, then pick the basket up and shake it before letting it cook for another 9 minutes.
Thats all you have to do. Transfer them to a bowl and drizzle them with the balsamic vinegar glaze.
Its such a quick and easy process that its hard not to love this recipe.
Grilled cheese sandwiches are divine.
Easy Control Easy Clean
With a big bright dual display and easy-to-use controls, selecting programs and making adjustments is a breeze even during cooking. Clean-up is easy too. The Air Fryer Lids sleek surfaces wipe clean with a damp cloth, and the accessories are all dishwasher safe
|in : 10.7 x 11.61 x 6.14 cm : 27.2 x 29.5 x 15.6|
|Accessories||Multi-level air fryer basket, dehydrating and broiling tray, and protective pad to set it on when its hot, then flip it over after its cool to use as a storage cover|
Air Fryer Lid is NOT compatible with the following models: Smart WiFi 60, Smart Bluetooth, Duo Evo Plus 60, Duo SV 60 or Max 60.
Air Fryer Lid is only compatible with stainless steel inner pots and NOT compatible with ceramic inner pots.
|Duo 60||IP-DUO60, IP-DUO60 V2, IP-DUO60 V2.1, IP-DUO60-ENW, IP-DUO60 V3, Duo 60 V3, Duo Frontier Rose 60, Duo Dazzling Dahlia 60, Duo White 60, Duo Teal 60, Duo Red 60, Duo Black SS 60, Duo Red SS 60, Duo Nova Black SS 60|
|Lux 60||IP-LUX60, Lux Blue 60, Lux Red 60, IP-LUX60 V2, IP-LUX60-ENW, IP-LUX60-ENW-MM, IP-LUX60 V3, Lux Breezy Blossoms 60, Lux Vintage Floral 60, Lux Black SS 60, Lux Red SS 60, Lux 60 V3|
|Duo Plus 60||Duo Plus 60, Duo Plus Cinnamon SS 60, Duo Plus Blue SS 60, Duo Plus Copper SS 60, Duo Plus Black SS 60|
|Viva 60||Viva, Viva 60, Viva Cinnamon 60, Viva Cobalt 60, Viva Eggplant 60, Viva Red SS 60, Viva Black SS 60|
|Duo Gourmet 60|
How does the Air Fryer Lid work?
Is air frying healthier than deep frying?
Read Also: What Is Natural Release On Instant Pot Mean
Your Web Browser Is Not Accepting Cookies
Please enable cookies in your browser or switch to a newer web browser. You may also browse the Walmart Canada flyer without cookies.
Yes Instant Pots Can Be Air Fryersall It Takes Is This Add
Select is editorially independent. Our editors selected these deals and items because we think you will enjoy them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time.
The Instant Pot is a wildly popular kitchen toolnot surprising when you see it can deliver chicken teriyaki from freezer to table in 20 minutes. It eliminates the need for owning multiple other appliances: It can cook rice, pressure cook, sauté foods, make stews, roast meats and vegetables, and all with the press of a button. But one thing it doesn’t deliver is the ability to air fry, that being the domain of air fryers.
Naturally, someone found a solution. The Mealthy CrispLid is an attachment easily converts any electric pressure cookerlike the Instant Potinto an air fryer. And right now, you can get this handy Instant Pot-enhancing tool for $50 . And the sale includes some accessories like air fryer basket, stainless steel tongs and other air frying essentials.
Also Check: Can The Instant Pot Go In The Dishwasher
What Is An Instant Pot
Instant pots are another modern and super-versatile innovation. Theyre made by the Instant brand that has multiple series of different multi-use equipment.
They all pack unique features to meet different needs. Overall, an instant pot is a multicooker with many cooking options that can replace over 7 kitchen appliances.
For example, some of the standard models can do the job of saute pans, pressure cookers, rice cookers, slow cookers, popular yogurt makers, air fryers, and more.
Instant Pot Or Air Fryer: Safety
Its extremely rare to come across instant pots or air fryers that are not loaded with essential safety features. This may include things like cool-touch exteriors, pressure vents, and plenty of other things to protect you and your family from harm.
Safety should always be your priority when shopping for an appliance of any kind.
Also Check: How To Defrost Ground Beef In Instant Pot
How To Use The Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid
Instant Pot Air Fryer Quick Start Guide
What Instant Pot Models Work With The Air Fryer Lid
The Air Fryer Lid will work with MOST 6-quart Instant Pot models. The Air Fryer lid is compatible with the Instant Pot Duo, Lux, Duo Plus, Ultra, Viva, Nova, and Nova Plus
DO NOT USE the Air Fryer Lid with the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus, Smart WiFi, Duo SV, or the Instant Pot Max.
In addition, you have to use the stainless steel pot with the Air Fryer lid.
Which On Is More Versatile
Another difference between these appliances is that Instant Pot can be used as an air fryer, but an air fryer can not be used as an Instant Pot.
Instant Pot is a multicooker, which means its much more versatile. It comes with many cooking options like slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker and many more. Air fryer on the other hand, have only the ability to make fried food.
We Tested The Instant Pot Air Fryer Here Is Our Honest Review
The Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven is Instant Pots latest appliance. We got one and tested out making chicken wings, sweet potato fries, crispy bacon, sausage balls, and more. Heres our Instant Pot Air Fryer review!
Kitchen counter spaces across the nation were being filled with incredible gadgets this year and the number one was our beloved Instant Pot. Now, Instant Pot introduced its new buddy Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven to share some cooking time.
There are plenty of other brands cornering the air fryer market. Instant Pot took its time to see the true needs of their consumers to develop one that was just right.
Recommended Reading: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Pressure Cooker Lasagna With Meat Sauce Using Crisplid
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles, or more as needed
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- 2 cups water
1. Cook and stir ground beef in inner steel pot of pressure cooker set to Sauté. Sauté until meat is browned and broken up into uniformly small pieces, 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Add onion to beef sauté until onion is soft and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir garlic into beef and onions sauté until fragrant about 30 seconds more.
3. Mix tomato puree, 1/3 cup water, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into beef. Bring mixture to a boil, then select Cancel to stop Sauté.
4. Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook on High Pressure for 22 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before turning steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
5. Transfer meat sauce to a large bowl. Rinse out inner steel pot, dry, and return to pressure cooker base.
6. Stir cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, basil, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
7. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan. Place lasagna noodles in a single layer over meat sauce, breaking noodles as necessary to fit the round pan.
9. Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place aluminum foil over lasagna and wrap tightly over top of pan.
What Is An Air Fryer
This is the healthy equivalent of deep frying since it only uses heat energy and a tiny amount of oil. In addition, air fryers are a lot safer to use than appliances that need a lot of oil and dont make as much of a mess.
Unlike a multicooker, air fryers are only designed for one thing: making foods crispy. They have a special basket that goes under a heating element and a fan that makes sure the hot air circulates all the way through the basket, thus cooking the food. As a result, the food cooks faster and there will be less drying than if you were doing this in an oven.
Overall, the air fryer is perfect for all types of kitchens and can help you cook delicious and crispy meals for years to come.
Also Check: How To Cook Venison Roast In An Instant Pot
What Is An Instant Pot And What Is It Good For
There are several different Instant Pot models, but theyre all electric multi-cookers with lots of functions. An Instant Pot can be used as a slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, sauté pan, and more. The most popular function, however, is the electric pressure cooker feature.
Whats so great about pressure cooking? For one, its quick! A pressure cooker like the Instant Pot uses steam, which builds up inside the sealed pot, creating pressure that helps cook food faster than other methods. This high pressure also helps force liquid and moisture into food, so tough meat can get super tender in an Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer 8
The Instant Pot® that air fries!
The Instant Pot® Duo Crisp + Air Fryer is fast, versatile, and convenient, with 2 innovative, removable lids to help you to cook and crisp your favorite meals all in one pot. All it takes is cook, switch, crisp!
- 11-in-1 pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, sauté pan, food warmer, sous vide, air fryer, roaster, mini oven, broiler, and dehydrator
- 2 convenient, removable lids to transform your Instant Pot into an air fryer
- 11 customizable programs for quick one-touch meals
- Innovative auto-sealing pressure cooking lid with a button for easy, stress-free venting
- Stainless-steel inner pot with tri-ply bottom for perfect sautéing
- EvenCrisp air flow gives you the crunch and tenderness of deep-frying with 95% less oil
- Customizable temperature range of 105°F to 400°F for Air Frying Lid
- Cook up to 8 portions, perfect for families, meal prep, and big batch cooking
- Bring it to potlucks, parties, events and more
- Up to 70% faster and more energy efficient than other cooking methods
- Dishwasher-safe pressure cooking lid and inner pot for quick and easy clean-up
- 10+ proven safety features, including Overheat Protection and safe locking lid
- Accessories include a multi-functional stainless-steel rack, multi-level air fryer basket with base and broil/dehydrating tray, and a protective pad and storage cover
- BPA/PFOA/PTFE-free cooking
- 1500 watts, 120 V~ 60 Hz, UL & ULC Listed
Read Also: Defrost Ground Beef Instant Pot
Instant Pot Multicookers Air Fryers And More Are Up To 44% Off On Amazon
If What should we make for dinner? always turns into a 30-minute discussion ending in raised voices and foot-stomping, Instant Pot appliances are for you. Making everything from yogurt to rice to fried chicken, these machines are more versatile than Taylor Swifts discography. Make soups, snacks and anything else you can think of with a press of a button.
If youre looking to snag an Instant Pot appliance on the low, youre in luck is running sales up to 40% off on Instant Pot pressure cookers, basket air fryers and convection ovens. But dont sleep on it, the sale ends Saturday, Dec. 4
To make your convention conversion even easier, weve rounded up the biggest Instant Pot deals on Amazon below.
HuffPost may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Every item is independently selected by the HuffPost Shopping team. Prices and availability are subject to change.
Which Is Better: Air Fryers Or Instant Pots
Once again, declaring an outright winner is practically impossible. It is entirely up to you to decide what you will be cooking, how you will be cooking it, and for how many people.
For example, if you absolutely adore the taste of fried foods but want to cook meals that are much healthier, air frying is for you. If youre a huge fan of things like fried chicken and potatoes, youll get a ton of use out of your machine.
And for the best of both worlds, why not buy both?
You May Like: Instant Pot Tamales Reheat
Instant Pot Vs Air Fryer: Which Should You Get
If youre looking at your kitchen right now, wondering how you can possibly fit in two more new small appliances, we have some good news for you. Ditto if youre working with a tight budget and only want to spend money on one thing. The folks at Instant Pot recently came out with an Instant Pot thats also an air fryer.
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp does all the things that the other Instant Models do, but it also comes with an air fryer lid and a multi-level air fryer basket. Weve tested out all the features and remain incredibly impressed. It does all the things well without sacrifice. You can make jammy hard-boiled eggs and crispy chicken with broccoli in the same machine. Its also quieter than other air fryers weve tested.
Good food brings people together.So do good emails.
Should I Buy Air Fryer Or Instant Pot
If you read my review carefully, then you probably noticed I mentioned four different products. As such, Ill highlight the qualities of each, in the section below, where you can learn which ones the best fit for your needs.
Choose Instant Pot if
- You cook for the entire family and want a pot with plenty of space
- You like trying new dishes and need a versatile device that supports several types of cooking
- The idea of working with a pot that can replace several appliances in the kitchen sounds good
- You need a pot that can do the cooking on its own, without any supervision
Choose Air Fryer if
- You like fried foods but you want a healthier version
- You dont cook for a large family
- You have the countertop space for a new appliance
Choose Instant Pot Duo Crisp if
- You want a pressure cooker with the possibility to air fry
- You like how the instant crisp technology works
- You need a pressure cooker that can also broil, bake, and dehydrate foods
Choose Instant Pot with CrispLid if
- You want to add the air frying feature to your pressure cooker
- Theres no room in your kitchen for an extra appliance
- You dont want to give up on your Instant Pot
- You dont fry or bake foods in large quantities
However, if you eat a lot of fried foods and are looking for a healthy alternative, you should consider an Air Fryer.
Recommended Reading: How To Boil Milk Without Burning
What Are The Specs For The Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid
The Air Fryer Lid is 10.7 inches long, 11.6 inches wide, and 6.2 inches tall. When you add it to the height of an Instant Pot Duo, it sits approximately 18.7 inches from the counter.
The Air Fryer Lid weighs about 6 pounds. The heating element is 1500 watts and 120 V ~ 60 Hz.
To qualify for the limited 12-month warranty, you must register your product within 30 days to be eligible for warranty coverage.