Do I Have To Wash Potatoes Before Cooking
Yes! Potatoes are grown under ground. In the dirt. Youll want to always wash your potatoes before cooking to prevent any dirt getting into your food.
- Use warm running water and a scrubbing pad or vegetable brush to scrub off any dirty bits.
- For this recipe, there is no need to dry the potatoes after washing.
What Can I Make With Boiled Potatoes
Boiled potatoes are like a blank canvas for a number of different recipes.
And trust me when I say, my girls and I use a lot of potatoes in Indian cooking. Some of our potato must-haves include Samosa Chaat Cups, a twist on the classic Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers, and crowd pleasing Samosa Pinwheels.
How To Make It
Recommended Reading: How To Reheat Tamales Without Drying Them Out
How To Season Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
Since my goal is to always make the recipe easy without sacrificing the flavors, I am sharing my go-to easy poultry seasoning. I season the chicken thighs on the skin side first. All you need is: salt, black pepper, paprika and dried oregano. Thats it! Sprinkle and you are done. The skin side is the first one to be browned in the pot so place the thighs skin side down in a heated pot with oil and butter. Let it brown for 2 to 3 minutes. The addition of butter will give you the crispy, golden brown skin. The more browned the chicken is, the more flavor it and the gravy will have but watch it so it wont burn.
Next, flip it on the other side and let it cook for just a minute. Press cancel/off button. Remove the chicken onto a plate and add water to the IP. Scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the IP insert. Place the trivet in the insert and arrange chicken thighs on the trivet. Now all you need to do is set the IP to cook for 12 minutes. Always check the internal temperature of the cooked meat. For chicken its at least 165 degrees F. I checked my chicken thighs and they all were around 200 degrees F.
How To Cook Potatoes In Instant Pot
Boil or cook potatoes in Instant Pot is very quick and easy method.
Potato is the most versatile vegetable that can be paired with any other veggies. It is staple food in Indian kitchen at least in my kitchen. I make many sabzi, curry, tikki using potato. And of course many non-Indians also use potatoes in like potato salad, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes etc.
I used to boil the potato in my traditional pressure cooker where I have keep track of number of whistles and need to stay there to turn off the stove once ready. But when we cook potatoes in Instant pot, we dont have to worry about counting whistles. In short, you dont need to be present there while it is cooking.
Actually most of the times, I use delay start to cook potatoes in Instant pot. For example, I need boiled potatoes in the morning to make sabzi for lunch-box or to make aloo paratha for breakfast. So the night before, I adjust the delay start and the hot, boiled potatoes are ready when I get into the kitchen next morning. This is such a time-saver. Owning an Instant pot is such a blessing!!!
You May Like: Frozen Tri Tip Roast Instant Pot
How To Boil Potatoes
Perfect boiled potatoes recipe! Boiled Potatoes is probably the simplest side dish to make and it also forms the basis for recipes like roast potatoes, potato salad, mashed potatoes, Parmentier potatoes, and some other potato dishes. Today I will show you how to boil potatoes on the stove to get a perfect outcome. I normally boil potatoes with the skin peeled off except in the case of baby potatoes where I cook it skin on. How to boil potatoes in MicrowaveUse a soft sponge to wash the potatoes or peel the skin off.
Which Potatoes Are Best In The Instant Pot
For this recipe, you can use any kind of potato, like Yukon Gold, red, or russet potatoes. Cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks, and they’re ready in under 15 minutes Take em out right when the timer goes off so they dont overcook, then use them however you like!
As is, they can be folded into a potato salad . For breakfast, I toss them into a skillet to make a quick hash with onions and peppers, or I brown them in the pan alongside sunny side up eggs.
For dinner, I mash them right in the hot pot after theyre done steaming to make easy mashed potatoes, or toss them in the oven to roast until crispy, as pictured here.
Recommended Reading: How Much Power Does Instant Pot Use
How To Serve Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Baked potatoes in the Instant Pot are a revelation. Theyre so quick to make and they turn out fluffy and moist. And all of this in just half the time it would take to make them in the oven.
You can also make as many at once as you like, so you can serve the whole family in no time.
Baked Potatoes dont have to be served plain. Dress up your baked potato with shredded BBQ chicken, or add nacho toppings to give them a twist.
If Youre Looking For An Easy Meal For Two Or Your Whole Family These Pressure Cooker Baked Potatoes And Stuffed Chicken Are A Great Duo
This pressure cooker baked potatoes and stuffed chicken meal is perfect for busy days! Make just one or both and your bunch is sure to ask for seconds. Added to our list of 101+ easy and quick Instant Pot recipes.
School is back in session and busy is probably an understatement if I were to describe your household right now huh??
No, I didnt look into your window but Im right there with you with 3 girls in 3 different schools.
Lets start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
With band practice, mountain biking clubs, and gymnastics once a week, we all need a few go to meals in our pocket when things get chaotic.
Recommended Reading: Frozen Tamales In Crock Pot
The Benefits Of Potatoes
Potatoes may sometimes get a bad rap, but depending on how they are cooked, they can provide a really good amount of vitamins and nutrients.
Rich in Antioxidants. Believe it or not regular potatoes are rich in antioxidants which can help protect your body from free radicals and may help fight off certain diseases such as cancer.
Naturally Gluten-Free. Potatoes are naturally gluten-free which make them a great option for those with gluten allergies and sensitivities.
Rich in Fiber. Potatoes are rich in fiber which helps promote a healthy digestive system and gut health.
Good source of Potassium which helps keep blood pressure down and supports cardiovascular health.
How Many Potatoes Can I Bake In Pressure Cooker
Heres the neat thing about cooking your potatoes in the instant pot you can cook between 4 and 10 potatoes in the instant pot and they will still cook in the same amount of time!
- I have an 8 quart instant pot and can fit up to 10 medium size potatoes in there.
- Youll still only need 1 cup of water on the bottom.
- If you have a smaller pressure cooker, just make sure you dont over fill.
- Need less than 4 potatoes? Ive found that cooking less than 4 changes the amount of time needed to cook. Youll actually have to increase the cook time to about 16 minutes.
Read Also: Instant Pot Ribs Costco
What To Serve With Your Baked Potatoes
There are so many dishes that would work well with these amazing potatoes! Meat and potatoes is an obvious, delicious choice. Ribeye steak and meatloaf are some of my favorites to serve with these! Things like brown sugar salmon, parmesan garlic chicken, and Dijon garlic pork tenderloin also pair really well. Since baked potatoes have such a versatile flavor, they will pair well with basically any flavorful protein of your choice. You can even simplify your dinners by making other easy Instant Pot favorites like corned beef and ribs!
How To Serve Them
Aside from serving them as a vegetable side dish, baked sweet potatoes are perfect for stuffing with pulled pork, BBQ chicken, or even chili. You can also scoop the cooked flesh out, discard the skin, and use mash the potatoes for use in casseroles or soups. Its also a great way to make baby food for little ones!
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot What Does Burn Mean
How To Make Baked Potatoes In The Instant Pot
- To cook your potatoes in the Instant Pot digital pressure cooker, use the wire trivet that came with the IP. Add one cup of water to the stainless steel insert and arrange potatoes on the trivet.
- Close lid and turn the valve to sealing position. Set timer to 14 minutes for medium potatoes. Make sure the IP is set to cook on high pressure.
- When the time is up and the Instant Pot beeps, press cancel/off button and let it release the pressure naturally for about 4 minutes. The switch the valve to venting position and do a quick pressure release.
- Use kitchen tongs to remove the potatoes from the pressure cooker and set on a platter. Done! Your potatoes are ready!
Its important to poke the potatoes with a fork. It allows the steam from the potatoes to escape during cooking.
No foil is needed to cook the potatoes in your pressure cooker.
Why Bake A Potato In The Instant Pot
The idea of making baked potatoes in the Instant Pot is kid of humorous, but once you realize they turn out just as good in a fraction of the time as putting them in the oven, youll be a true convert for sure.
I used to make baked potatoes in the oven, like everyone else. It took at least an hour to get the potato cooked all the way through. In that time, my kitchens temperature swelled and I lost patience. Ugh. It shouldnt be that difficult to make a simple side dish!
When I got my Instant Pot, I decided to give it a try. It can cook everything else, why not potatoes?
Ill never go back to baking potatoes the hard way again.
You May Like: Saute Function Instant Pot
How Do You Get Crispy Skin On A Baked Potato
- While the Instant Pot pressure is releasing, preheat your broiler to HIGH. Transfer the cooked potatoes to a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Coat potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with kosher salt. Broil for 4-6 minutes until the skins are crispy.
These Instant Pot Baked Potatoes are perfect for meal prep. Theyll keep in the fridge for up to five days. Use a microwave to reheat and top with your favorite toppings.
Hosting a party? Create a Baked Potato Bar. Its Its a fun and festive way to feed a crowd, and the topping possibilities are endless. You can cook up to 8 potatoes at once in your Instant Pot.
What Are Instant Pot Potatoes
This method transforms starchy Russet potatoes into classic, creamy baked potatoes, begging to be split open and served with your favorite toppings.
With their tender, fluffy centers, Instant Pot potatoes are very similar to baked potatoes, but there are two key differences that set them apart: cook time and the outer skin. Since the Instant Pot cooks the potatoes in a closed vessel with steam pressure, cooking happens in a fraction of the time youd need in the oven. This also means, however, that the skin is soft rather than crisp. Trust me the trade-off is well worth it.
You May Like: Defrost Meat In Instant Pot
What You Need To Make Twice Baked Potato Casserole In The Instant Pot
- 2 pounds Russet potatoesabout 4 large or 6 medium. You can also make this with red or yellow potatoes.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softenedsee my tip below on how to soften easily
- 1/2 cup sour creamyou can also use plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juicebottled or fresh
- 1/2 tsp kosher saltor you can use sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepperor you can use white pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powderfor flavor
- 1/2 tsp onion powderfor flavor
- 1/2 tsp dried dillyou can also use 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup milkyou can also use half and half or cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheeseI like to use sharp for extra flavor
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbledI like cooking my bacon in the air fryer! It comes out perfectly crispy and you can crumble it easily. You can also use about a half cup loosely packed real bacon crumbles. I buy these in the aisle next to the salad dressings.
Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
Whenever we go to our local steakhouse, I cant resist ordering a twice baked potato on the side. So cheesy and delicious, whats not to love?!
I dont make them that often at home as they do require a pretty long cooking time, but since I found this Instant Pot method, things have changed!
They come out just light and fluffy, but are ready in just a fraction of the time.
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot Frozen Sausage
How To Make Pressure Cooked Baked Potatoes
The only things you need to make these baked potatoes are an Instant Pot and the wire insert it came with.
You also need the wire insert that comes with the IP. Its a trivet that sits a few inches off the base of the pot, so the food doesnt burn.
If you dont have a trivet, you can use a steamer basket, or ball up some tin foil and put it in under the potatoes.
How To Make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
These Instant Pot potatoes are so simple to make. Youll start by scrubbing your potatoes. Then, prick the potatoes a few times with a fork. Pricking the potatoes will allow steam and pressure to escape from the potatoes as they cook.
Place 1 cup of cold water in your Instant Pot. Cold water is recommended because the water temperature will affect how long it takes your Instant Pot to reach pressure, and therefore how long your potatoes will cook.
Next, place the metal trivet in your Instant Pot. You want to cook the potatoes on top of the trivet so that they dont sit in the water and get soggy.
Place the potatoes on top of the trivet. It is okay if your potatoes are stacked on top of each other in the pot. Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position.
Don’t Miss: Heat Up Frozen Tamales
Recipe Tips And Tricks
- Double this recipe for a crowd. Double all ingredients and bake in a 9×13 inch baking dish instead of the 8×8 inch pan. This is a great recipe for Thanksgiving!
- If you are a fan of bacon I suggest doubling up on it! Cook 8 pieces of bacon instead of 4 and stir half in with the sour cream mixture to evenly distribute all the bacon-y happiness throughout the casserole.
- If youd rather have more of a mashed potato consistency you can mash the cooked Russet potatoes instead of cutting them into cubes.
- Try topping this casserole with diced green onions or chives.
- To easily soften your cream cheese: place your cream cheese in its packaging or in a small bowl on top of the Instant Pot lid while the potatoes are baking. The heat from the lid will soften the cream cheese perfectly. I like to rotate the cream cheese a couple of times if it is in its packaging.