Instant Pot Frozen Chicken And Rice:
Did you know that you can put frozen chicken in your instant pot? I was glad when I discovered that it is possible to take frozen chicken from the freezer and have a complete meal. It is best to cook your frozen chicken for about 15 minutes first and then do a quick release.
Add in your rice and cook for 3 minutes. This frozen chicken and rice in instant pot is possible without much planning and your family will be happy. Plus it is so much better for you then going through the drive-thru.
What Goes Into This Chicken Bake
- Chicken if your chicken breasts are on the small side, leave them whole and use 4 of them. Chicken thighs would work if you prefer those.
- Garlic powder I cant resist infusing a savory, garlicky taste
- Italian seasoning its a blend of dried herbs like rosemary and sage that comes in a single jar in the spice aisle of your grocery store. So handy!
- Pepper being generous with pepper really amps up the flavor
- Condensed soup we chose mushroom for this bake. Cream of soups can be quite salty, so use a reduced-sodium variety if thats a consideration.
- Mozzarella shredded mozza just pairs so well with baked chicken!
Read Also: Unlimited Soup And Salad Olive Garden
What Does Poultry Seasoning Consist Of If I Purchase This Spice Will I Use It Often
- Poultry seasoning is made with dried herbs such as sage, rosemary, ground black pepper, and marjoram.
- Poultry Seasoning is used as a rub on chicken, turkey, pork, veal, and lamb. It is a savory seasoning often used for food dishes such as stuffings, dressings, casseroles, meat loaf, breads, and sauces.
Also Check: How To Steam Broccoli In The Instant Pot
What To Serve With This Soup
You will obviously need some extras to go with your wild rice soup.
If its just an average Sunday soup day, you better be making a loaf of crusty No Knead Bread.
If its Christmas , you better have a fancy salad to round out the meal. May I recommend the Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Salad of years past? It never gets old, does it?
If you dont like mushrooms for sure, dont bother. Just use chicken. I have a recipe for that right here.
If you kind of dont like mushrooms but you *might* like them sometimes, can I recommend that you give it a whirl? Cut up the mushrooms really small so you get the flavor without the texture bothering you as much. I think youre going to fall hard and fast.
And my friends who are already on team mushroom? A) Good for you, and B) GET. AFTER. IT. This recipe has been elevated to my new favorite version of wild rice soup which is a major big deal. Warm, creamy, cold-weather mushrooms and wild rice for the eternal win.
Creamy Parmesan Chicken And Rice Ingredients
Simple ingredients creates this incredible chicken dish. No creamed soups in this instant pot chicken and rice. The pressure cooker does the work infusing the chicken with flavor and creating tender rice. This comes together quickly.
- Olive Oil: For sautéing
- Chicken Broth: Creates the flavor and cooks the rice.
- Rice: Rinse your rice. I used jasmine
- Mushrooms: Sliced or roughly chopped
- Heavy Whipping Cream: This creates the creaminess of the dish.
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese: If you have it freshly grated is best.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste
- Chopped Parsley and Freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese for Garnish
You May Like: Where To Buy Instant Pot
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Mushroom Soup
Step 1: Turn the Instant Pot sautÃ© setting on and melt the butter. Add the diced onions and sliced celery to the Instant Pot and sautÃ© for about 3 minutes or until the onion starts to turn translucent.
Step 2: Add the sliced carrots, salt, and ground pepper to the Instant Pot and sautÃ© for 1 or 2 minutes longer.
Step 3: Add the boneless skinless chicken breasts to the Instant Pot along with the fresh thyme and bay leaf.
Step 4: Next, add the sliced portabella mushrooms, wild rice and fresh rosemary sprig to the Instant Pot.
Step 5: Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot and stir to combine the ingredients. Place the lid on the Instant Pot securing it and setting the valve to the sealing position.
Step 6: Cook the Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Mushroom Soup following the directions below.
Once the Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Mushroom Soup has finished pressure cooking carefully remove the lid.
Step 7: Remove the cooked chicken from the Instant Pot and place it in a bowl.
Use two forks to pull the chicken meat apart into bite-size pieces. Pour the shredded chicken meat into the Instant Pot.
Step 8: In a small bowl mix the water with the cornstarch until lump free.
Add the cornstarch slurry to the Instant Pot and mix until combined.
Turn the Instant Pot to the sautÃ© setting and bring to a boil, stirring. Boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
How To Store This Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Keep any leftover soup you plan on eating soon in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Ladle soup into a bowl to microwave or a pot on the stove and heat through when youre ready for another serving.
This is an excellent option for leftover night or even to prep in advance and heat up to eat another night.
Recommended Reading: Can I Put Instant Pot Lid In Dishwasher
Can You Freeze Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
Freezing chicken and wild rice soup is an excellent way to keep it fresh even longer.
Pour it into quart-size bags for individual servings before freezing, so you have the option of using just as much as you want to eat without needing to thaw the entire batch.
Once its defrosted, its not a good idea to refreeze the soup. Youll have up to five days to eat it depending on how soon after cooking you froze it.
This is why its a good idea to freeze the soup in individual portions, so theres no waste.
Ingredients For The Soup:
- Mirepoix : Chop one medium-size onion, 2-3 carrots, and 2-3 stalks of celery. You need about 3 cups of mirepoix for this recipe.
- Flavoring Agents: In terms of flavoring agents, I used 5 cloves of minced garlic and fresh thyme. I also sprinkled it with some fresh parsley at the end.
- Mushrooms: You need a package of white button or baby Bella mushrooms.
- Wild Rice: I used Lundbergs organic wild rice , but you can also use any good quality Minnesota wild rice you can get your hands on. I do not recommend using quick-cooking wild rice or wild rice blends for this recipe as the time of cooking might be different.
- Chicken Thighs: I used a pound of chicken thighs as we love dark meat, but if you want a leaner cut of chicken, you can substitute chicken thighs with chicken breasts.
- Chicken Broth & Water: I used 4 cups of my homemade chicken stock and 2 cups of water as liquid.
Don’t Miss: What Is An Instant Pot Trivet
Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Learn how to make my Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup recipe in less than an hour. My version here is made with no cream yet still super creamy and thick. Add this pressure cooker wild rice soup recipe to your collection of wholesome Instant Pot recipes you can make all year round.
For years, I made my lightened-up Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup on the stovetop. While that recipe is still one of my all-time winter soups, with the ease of Instant pot, you can make it with less advance preparation and in a shorter amount of time.
Unlike its stovetop version, in my version of Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup , you do not need to soak wild rice or use rotisserie chicken. Instead, you literally put all the ingredients in your pressure cooker and let it do its magic in about 45-50 minutes from start to finish.
In my book, a healthy chicken and wild rice soup made with only a few ingredients and with only 10-15 minutes hands-on time is a weeknight dinner winner.
Sounds good? Lets break it all down.
How Do I Make This Mushroom Soup Recipe
The first step of mushroom chicken soup is to sautee your vegetables and CHOPPED rosemary in oil. This should take about 5-8 minutes.
Next, add water, chicken bouillon paste, wildrice, and frozen chicken. Stir together. Cook on Multigrain for 25 minutes.
Quick release steam when cooking time is done. Next, milk and flour to a small bowl. Mix together. Add to mushroom chicken soup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley .
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Lentils In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken And Rice Is Great On Your Budget:
You only need 2 chicken breasts for this recipe so it is very frugal friendly. The rice and cheese really stretch the meat and make it easy to feed a big family.
I love meals that are easy on my grocery budget, taste amazing and only take a few minutes to prepare. Life is so busy and most of us are running from work and school to activities and more. Take out is so tempting on those crazy busy days.
Now, you can just throw everything in your instant pot and make this amazing dinner idea. Since it only takes 30 minutes to cook, you can have dinner ready in less time than going to the drive-thru and back home again.
Instant Pot Recipes Chicken and Rice make dinner time easy. Everyone is happy and full after this delicious and hearty meal.
Retro Chicken & Rice Casserole
If you remember you mixed the raw rice with Campbell Cream of Mushroom Soup, then the same can-full of milk, layer this in a 13 x 9 casserole pan, my favorite is here and put the chicken on top. You bake covered with aluminum foil in the oven at 350° for one hour then remove the foil and bake 15 minutes more.
Most of the time when I made the rice was crunchy which happened one night when we had my best friends over for a dinner party.
Read Also: Can You Sous Vide In An Instant Pot
How To Make One
Note: Youll need a large skillet or large frying pan for this recipe. Keep in mind it will need to hold all of the broth and rice so it needs to be deep, not shallow.
Pressure Cook Wild Rice Soup
Add 1 tbsp regular soy sauce, ½ tsp fine salt, and 4 cups unsalted chicken stock in Instant Pot.
Add in the set aside browned chicken and all its meat juice.
Add in 1 cup wild rice blend, then make sure all the rice is fully submerged in the cooking liquid.
With Venting Knob in Venting Position. Close the lid. Then, turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position.
Pressure Cooking Method: Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 13 minutes, then Natural Release for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, release the remaining pressure by turning Venting Knob to Venting Position.
When the Floating Valve drops, open the lid carefully.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Rice In 8 Quart Instant Pot
Instant Pot Cream Of Mushroom Soup Chicken And Rice Dinner
The classic chicken & rice casserole recipe your mom or grandmother made in the 50s & 60s, made quick & easy in the Instant Pot. No longer do you have to worry if your rice is underdone or the chicken is overdone.
The Instant Pot is perfect every time. Warm, creamy, filling perfect for hands-free cooking on a busy weeknight. The creamy sauce is delicious over fluffy rice.
Is There Anything I Need To Know About Cooking With Wild Rice
- First things first: Absolutely zero substitutions can be made for the wild rice in this recipe, such as brown rice, long grain white rice, etc. Been there, done that and it was a total, gooey fail!
- Also, dont even use a wild rice blend. Its got to be straight-up wild rice and wild rice only for this recipe.
- Wild rice is very firm, takes a long time to cook , and is the perfect texture for any creamy soup. Yes, its a bit expensive, too, but a little goes a long way.
Read Also: Why Is Instant Pot Good
Instant Pot Mushroom Chicken Soup
This creamy, Instant Pot mushroom chicken soup with wild rice is the perfect winter recipe to warm up with. It just takes about 15 minutes hands-on time and is ready to eat in about 45. Use frozen chicken to make it even easier!
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Thighs In An Instant Pot
Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs take 8-10 minutes to cook in the Instant Pot at high pressure.
For this recipe we are browning the chicken thighs first, so they will be partially cooked when the pressure cooking cycle starts.
This decreases the pressure cooking time to just 4 minutes, with 10 minutes natural release time afterwards.
Read Also: How To Make Gravy In Instant Pot
Variations Of This Instant Pot Chicken And Rice Recipe
- I have used rotisserie chicken vs. raw chicken just use 2 breasts and dice the chicken up, then skip the first step where the chicken is browned, just put it into the bottom of the pot
- You can amp it up with a bit of spice and veggies with Instant Pot Mexican chicken and rice.
Added vegetables and share it in our Instant Pot chicken broccoli rice recipe.
Just naturally release steam for 3 minutes, lift the lid, and the cooked rice is so tender! Chicken is always tender, flavorful, and who doesnt love a one pot meal??
I havent made it with brown rice yet but others have, comments for that method are below.
I modified the recipe I found here but adjusted some ingredients and the time as well for it to come out moist and ensuring the rice was done perfectly.
- Cheesy Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole is a family favorite
Want to make this in your Ninja Foodi too? Of course weve done that. Just follow this Ninja Foodi chicken casserole recipe for that pot.
If you want to make this using noodles instead of rice follow our pressure cooker chicken noodle casserole directions.
Ready to make our cream of mushroom chicken and rice dish? Yes you can throw in quartered fresh mushrooms too!
Can You Use Frozen Chicken In The Instant Pot
Yes! My favorite thing about the Instant Pot is how it saves the day when you forget to thaw meat to make dinner. However, if you freeze chicken using my method, it will cook even faster. Here’s how I do it:
- Cut. Slice your chicken into smaller, easier to manage chunks.
- Portion. Place your desired serving size in a freezer-safe bag.
- Lay Flat. Lay chicken flat in your freezer so that it doesn’t freeze in one big clump.
- Date. Put the date on your baggie so you eat your frozen chicken in a safe timeframe.
Don’t Miss: How Long Does It Take For Instant Pot To Preheat
Instant Pot Chicken And Rice
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is incredibly delish and ready in well, an instant. Tender shredded chicken and rice in a creamy mushroom sauce is the ultimate one pot comfort food!
When you are looking to get a delicious comforting meal on the table, let Instant Pot Chicken and Rice come to your rescue. There has been so much love on my 4 Ingredient Chicken Rice Casserole but Ive also had tons of requests to make it into an IP meal so here we are! .
Tips For Amazing Instant Pot Chicken And Rice
Creating this instant pot chicken and rice is super simple, anyone can do it. Here are a few tips to make it irresistible.
- Chicken: You can use chicken breasts or chicken thighs in this dish. Be sure to cut the chicken in the same bite sized pieces. This way the chicken will cook evenly.
- Mushrooms: If you dont love mushrooms, you can leave them out all together or sub them out for zucchini, squash or broccoli.
- Rice: This instant pot chicken and rice recipe is written for white rice. Brown rice will take longer to cook so I dont recommend it. I used jasmine rice in this recipe and it was delicious. Basmati is another great choice.
- Creaminess: Instant pot chicken and rice is almost a risotto type consistency and texture.
- Over cook: Dont leave the chicken and rice to naturally release. It will over cook the chicken and create a gluey rice consistency. You want to quick release once the timer goes off.
- Can I use Whole Chicken? This instant pot recipe is written for chicken already cut up. Using whole chicken would increase the cooking time and over cook the rice.
- Leftovers: Keep leftovers in the fridge tightly sealed for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave till just warmed through.
You May Like: How To Cook Chicken With Sauce In Instant Pot